Gary Speed

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
BFK

Gary Speed

Post by BFK »

Can't believe it. Terrible.
Gibbons

Post by Gibbons »

Dead at 42.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Apparently he hung himself.
mjd

Post by mjd »

Thats a real shock. He was a top professional, and had a great career
boom
Gibbons

Post by Gibbons »

Just goes to show you never know what's going on in someone else's head. They could appear happy but be anything but.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Top professional who played into his late 30's. Was doing a fantastic job as Wales boss. Wife and 2 kids. Very selfish man.

Must be something the media don't know about. Yet.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

ma71lda wrote:Very selfish man.
prat
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

feeder22 wrote:
prat
why prat?? hes left a wife and 2 kids... that is selfish..
Unbelievable Jeff
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

feeder22 wrote:
prat
Not really.

I feel suicide is a very selfish act. I would go as far to say a cowards way out. The only way I could forge any, very slight, means of justification is if he had been diagnosed as terminally ill. But even still, he was a father of two with responsibilities to them if no-one else.

I believe in Euphanasia (sp?) in the correct circumstances.

I don't think Sky Sports should be describing his death as 'sudden' either. Surely somebody hanging themselves is pre-meditated, is it not?
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Thanks Crosby.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

I dont agree its a cowards way out, must have had some serious issues going on! His life on paper looked perfect so something pushed him over the edge!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Anyone who says suicide is selfish or a cowards way out is a cunt.

As simple as.

When someone is contemplating suicide, they aren't in a stable state of mind. They can't see reason like the rest of us can.

I've had two friends kill themselves and it leaves you with many questions that'll never be answered. They'll never be able to explain why they took their own lives as they're gone. And that's their whole existence over with.

That person can't see the suffering to their loved oned they'll cause, maybe only that their family, friends or associates would be better off without them around. If you had someone close to you kill themselves, I know you'd look differently on the subject.

A bit like when when I was stuck between Croydon and Redhill last year because someone threw themselves under a train. Some dappy bitch was moaning that it was a selfish act, then some other woman told her to shut her mouth and think just what state that poor person was in to think that suicide was the only option left.

Yes, Gary Speed may have had a reason other than an imbalance of mind, but let's wait before saying he was selfish.

A bloody good footballer actually.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Under the circumstances I'm sure is wife and kids are thinking his selfish or more likely wishing they could of helped in whatever was going through his mind at the time

With a few exceptions it is in no way a cowards way out. Without knowing the full story we can debate the wrongs and rights of suicide

If for instance Roger black (using him as his had media coverage of late) were to take his own life would the same people be calling him selfish? Or as most likely would be the case wishing he rotted in hell and would take pleasure in the fact that someone like him has taken his own life
silent g

Post by silent g »

i think its a bit selfish putting the family and friends through all that shit by ghosting yourself.
but im not sure its a cowards way out as i think you'd need some huge ballz to snuff yourself :/
ive faced guns before and not been too bothered (a bit ofcourse) but i'd be shit scared to jump off a roof or string myself up, fuck that shit.
i feel sorry for his family, but not him.
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

I'm sure that his wife and family are more likely in a state of shock and sorrow than anger at the moment. Anger may come later as part of the grieving process though.

Isn't it typical though that so soon after his death, people are making judgments of him already. Imagine if you were to find your mum/dad/brother had kill themselves this evening. Would you appreciate people calling them a coward?

I think not.