Gary Speed

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Gary Speed's family are even more upset since, as Xmas traditionalists, they can't take him down until January 12th.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

I fully agree with been grant mitchell'd on this one, the human mind is a very complex place, and for anyone to even contemplate ending their own life then that individual must be in a very dark and irrational state of mind.

This is a subject very close to home for me, some on here (mainly potty members) know some of what i have witnessed this year, but seeing someone you love (the girl in my avatar in fact) the day after she's had a go at her own wrists with a blade, then a few weeks later an attempted overdose (the paramedics had to use the defib on her at the scene because her heart stopped) and then finally walking into her home a few weeks after that to see her hanging from a rope by the neck like i have, its not something you forget, even though i managed to get her down and she was okay, and after a change of medication she's pretty much perfectly well now, still has her down days where she isnt at her best, but a much more balanced girl than she was at the start of this year, and i can tell you that the image of her hanging there will stay with me until my dying day.

im not singling out anyone in particular here, but its quite staggering that even in this day and age, mental illness and depression is still largely misunderstood.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Well said Clarkey.

As I said, let's wait to see if there were more to the reason why he did this before throwing judgment.
Slotter

Post by Slotter »

>bad taste<
removed
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

The strange thing is he had so much going for him, he was a pundit on Football Focus yesterday and nobody got a whiff, or any inkling of anything troubling him. It is very sad.

But I've heard a rumour.....and we know the rumour mill will be going into overdrive, so anything heard or said will be taken with a pinch of salt until concrete evidence is present and correct.

I've heard The Sun (or The Scum) were going to 'out' him on Monday morning and he had got wind of it. IMO suicide seems very drastic if this rumour is true and highly doubt this story will be published tomorrow even if it is true.

Hypothetically, what if it is true? Who are The Scum to play God and tell the world what side he bats (batted) for? I couldn't care less what sexuality a person is, but we all know what professional football is like. And if these rumours are true there are going to be some very high profile premier league players running scared.

I really hope it is bullshit though.
Scott

Post by Scott »

R.I.P

Tragic loss, great player!
Cobwebs 👆
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

remember Nudges?
nobody ever wins on those things.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

That's typical of the red-top rags.

They seem to think they run the country. The best news regarding the press this year was the folding of the NOTW. mind you, the main reason for pulling the paper was an attempt to stop people on board talking about their shady dealings such as phone-taps etc. Remember how they hounded the guy who originally played Mark Fowler in Eastenders for being gay? He killed himself.
Looks like they were going to do it again. The Sun is a terrible paper only uses are page 3 and lining a cat litter tray.

Now watch them say they had no intention of "outing" him, or that there is nothing wrong with his sexuallity etc.
mikej82

Post by mikej82 »

only a matter of time before they were gonna kill a footy player
Mr x Mr Y
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Terribly depressing news, even more so considering he was on football focus the day before.

I shudder to think the frame of mind he must have been in, when your family and burgeoning career aren't enough to make you wish to continue living...

A dark place indeed.

R I P. Gary Speed.

Differing opinions are one thing, joking about it isn't right.
Scott

Post by Scott »

mikej82 wrote:only a matter of time before they were gonna kill a footy player

:roll:
Cobwebs 👆
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

Without wanting to feed MikeJ's conspiracy theories, it wouldn't be the first time that a Murdoch-owned rag's tawdry headlines have directly lead to suicide...
Murdoch's rise to power took off in Sydney in 1964, when he acquired an afternoon tabloid, the Daily Mirror. On March 12, the Mirror front paged a report on "promiscuity" among the pupils of a city high school, which was based on the contents of a young girl's diary. The resulting uproar led to the diarist and a fellow student being expelled from school. A job well done.

That's where the story ended as far the Mirror was concerned, though not for those involved. The 13 year old schoolboy named in the diary, Digby Bamford, was found hanging from his backyard clothesline, having committed suicide. This news was "cordoned off" from public consumption. Even rival papers kept the secret, until a disgruntled Murdoch journalist tipped off an independent magazine. The author of the "school sex" diary was examined by a doctor from the Child Welfare Department and found to be a virgin. During an interview years later, I reminded Murdoch of this event and his reaction was sharp: "Don't you ever make mistakes?" Of course I do. Many. After acquiring the News of the World in London in 1971, Rupert discovered another diary, while he was campaigning against a popular BBC TV show, Top of the Pops. His paper accused its stars of "promiscuity" with young dancers in the audience. One of these was Samantha MacAlpine, aged 15, whose "leatherette bound book", according Murdoch's news desk, "could well blow wide open the scandal at the BBC". The day after this report, Samantha MacAlpine committed suicide.

The News of the World tried to cover itself with the headline, THIS GIRL WAS A VICTIM NOW SHE IS DEAD, but the coroner stated that Samantha's diary was "pure fantasy. unconnected with reality", (like much Murdoch journalism). A Scotland Yard officer accused the paper of being "ludicrous and irresponsible". As is the Murdoch style, the evidence from the inquest was kept from the readers. Also suppressed was the statement of the forensic pathologist, that in his opinion, Samantha had died a virgin.
mikej82

Post by mikej82 »

Cardinal Sin wrote:Without wanting to feed MikeJ's conspiracy theories, it wouldn't be the first time that a Murdoch-owned rag's tawdry headlines have directly lead to suicide...
Murdoch's rise to power took off in Sydney in 1964, when he acquired an afternoon tabloid, the Daily Mirror. On March 12, the Mirror front paged a report on "promiscuity" among the pupils of a city high school, which was based on the contents of a young girl's diary. The resulting uproar led to the diarist and a fellow student being expelled from school. A job well done.

That's where the story ended as far the Mirror was concerned, though not for those involved. The 13 year old schoolboy named in the diary, Digby Bamford, was found hanging from his backyard clothesline, having committed suicide. This news was "cordoned off" from public consumption. Even rival papers kept the secret, until a disgruntled Murdoch journalist tipped off an independent magazine. The author of the "school sex" diary was examined by a doctor from the Child Welfare Department and found to be a virgin. During an interview years later, I reminded Murdoch of this event and his reaction was sharp: "Don't you ever make mistakes?" Of course I do. Many. After acquiring the News of the World in London in 1971, Rupert discovered another diary, while he was campaigning against a popular BBC TV show, Top of the Pops. His paper accused its stars of "promiscuity" with young dancers in the audience. One of these was Samantha MacAlpine, aged 15, whose "leatherette bound book", according Murdoch's news desk, "could well blow wide open the scandal at the BBC". The day after this report, Samantha MacAlpine committed suicide.

The News of the World tried to cover itself with the headline, THIS GIRL WAS A VICTIM NOW SHE IS DEAD, but the coroner stated that Samantha's diary was "pure fantasy. unconnected with reality", (like much Murdoch journalism). A Scotland Yard officer accused the paper of being "ludicrous and irresponsible". As is the Murdoch style, the evidence from the inquest was kept from the readers. Also suppressed was the statement of the forensic pathologist, that in his opinion, Samantha had died a virgin.
sonny jim theories aint my game

proper sheeple on here, seriously.

9/11 = False flag terrorism" occurs when elements within a government stage a secret operation whereby government forces pretend to be a targeted enemy while attacking their own forces or people. The attack is then falsely blamed on the enemy in order to justify going to war against that enemy.

False flag operations are covert operations conducted by governments, corporations, or other organizations, which are designed to deceive the public in such a way that the operations appear as if they are being carried out by other entities. The name is derived from the military concept of flying false colors]
Mr x Mr Y
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

sigh
here we go again
Scott

Post by Scott »

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Cobwebs 👆