big FFS

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mjd

big FFS

Post by mjd »

thought id edit this.. was pissed and speaking my mind
boom
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

I knew he'd be very rich, but it completely hacks me off about life..
If you don't like your lot in life, work to improve it. A long time ago I decided I didn't want to drift through life as a 1-month-from-broke statistic, and took steps to educate myself in business, money, education and networking.

Like most things that are worth having, I had to work bloody hard to get where I am today, and that's the difference.

Instead of envying rich people, I respect how difficult it is to earn (and keep hold of) that kind of money, and know that I have a fighting chance to be on that level in the not-too-distant future.

And since when is sympathy inversely proportional to net-worth ? Tsk tsk.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
mjd

Post by mjd »

Very true..

Makes me wonder how theres so much poverty in the world, when one person lives in a house worth that much.

for me, life is just very stale. It has its good moments, but the future is bleak. My fault 100% probably

Now the gov are slashing our pensions, although I always beleived that id work forever anyways. Its almost like ive entered life about 4/5 years too late (in 1984) because there was a time where you could buy a house no problem, unlike now where its impossible.

no wonder I rant a lot :o ops:
boom
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

The way I see it is that if you earn millions and help at least one person in the world to improve their lot in life, then you have done immeasurably more than being skint and moaning about the poverty situation.

My business colleague and I do alot of work in South Africa, and are planning to set up a foundation to help educate subsistence farmers kids once we make money.

Whilst you cannot change the world alone, you can do what you can to help small parts of it.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Scott

Post by Scott »

Fair play to him for having a mansion worth 8 mill, not my kind of music, saying that i would'nt switch the channel if one of the Bee Gees song's came on, so he must have done something right. Does'nt sound like the poor bloke has long left now, he won't be staying alive for much longer :(
Cobwebs 👆
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i personally love the bee gee's ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a lot of people dont realise just how much music they have written for other artists too .

they have been industry leaders since the 60's

before titanic came along ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, saturday night fever was the highest selling movie soundtrack of all time.

their music is engraved so much into popular culture ,,,,,,,,,,,, from tv adverts , to comedy parodies etc .

on a side note ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it would be nice to achieve that level of money obviously , and to benefit others.

but dont hate others that have got there in life down to hard work and talent .

we all started with a blank canvas after leaving school , we chose our particular fields .

at school richard branson started a magazine for students , and a small mail order music business ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, should we hate him for all his successes ???

worry more about what you can do to attain your success.

i know fruits will never make me a millionaire ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i chose the path ,,,,,,,, nobody else to blame.
Little discipline = BIG issue

BFK

Post by BFK »

Who's that in ur avatar?
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

a little known actor called henry cavill ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he had a small role in the bbc drama series the tudors ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and can be seen right now at the cinema in the immortals.

but he has been cast as the new superman

for the 2013 release of ''man of steel''

his earth father ( johnathan kent) will be played by kevin costner ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and his kryptonian father (jor-el) will be played by russell crowe

so its bound to have a large budget ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but will it be any good ???

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

heres some set photos ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, along with one of russell crowe
Attachments
henry_cavill_steel_set_128.jpg
henry_cavill_steel_set_128.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 328 times
images_210.jpg
images_210.jpg (4.62 KiB) Viewed 328 times
images_2_628.jpg
images_2_628.jpg (2.41 KiB) Viewed 328 times

mjd

Post by mjd »

I think the most annoying thing in life is no matter how good you are at something, there is always someone better..

That sucks..

Ok, Ive got the highest registered score on Zen Pinballs 'El Dorado' table (user name Something along the lines of 'MJD STROBE' but it was a long time ago.. Its stil there though!), this is something the world can sign up to.. But, its a bit gutting to know that ive conquered that and work in a dilapidated office, for a government that the nation voted in, who have done nothing but take away peoples belongings..

Sucks donkey turd!
boom
mjd

Post by mjd »

Thinking about it, why the hell did we vote the conservatives in?? (well I didn't - I opposed that lot)

Hasn't it been great since! Unemployment at an all time high, cuts accross the board, and people dying.. Ok the latter I shouldn't blame the government, but it probably forced someone to go from eating Waitrose Salad, to cannibalism..
boom