Time to Admit

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
silent g

Post by silent g »

UNITED FTW!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
messiah

Post by messiah »

Nixxy wrote:Incomparable if you ask me.

United won their first title under Ferguson and spent the proceeds on better players, and built a successful brand based on things they won under the stewardship of a clever manager. Hence their investments have gotten larger in line with their achievements. Their spending ability does partly come from wealthy backers but massively from their club-built success.
Ferguson spent massive amounts for the time for years before winning anything:

Pallister, Ince, Hughes, Keane were all bought for multi-millions.

Then you have the high amounts spent on the rest of the squad (Cantona, Bruce, McClair etc)

Ferguson bought the title for Man Utd the same way Blackburn and Chelsea did. He just took a bit longer.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Hardly.

Your forgetting the likes of Scholes, Beckham, Giggs, Sharpe, Phil and Gary Neville who were all regulars coming into play when united started their domination of the premier league.

Add in clever and not always expensive buys like Cantona, Schmeichel, Pallister, Keane and Bruce and there was a nice blend of youth and purchases.

Thats nothing like what City have done and indeed what Blackburn did back in 1995.
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Well said
mjd

Post by mjd »

agreed!
boom
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Cantona was a mill?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

Cantona in his day was a great player, I still think now that if he was not at united when he was we would not be where we are today.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

They'd still be in Manchester surely
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

....and their supporters would still be elsewhere!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Leeds only flogged him cos he was allegedly shagging Leslie ash. The wife of better thought of Lee chapman
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

messiah wrote:Ferguson spent massive amounts for the time for years before winning anything:

Then you have the high amounts spent on the rest of the squad (Cantona, Bruce, McClair etc)

Ferguson bought the title for Man Utd the same way Blackburn and Chelsea did. He just took a bit longer.
Cor blimey, me and Kesh seem to be agreeing on something here .... :shock:

Ferguson never splashed the cash in the way you describe, Messiah - as Pallister (still at Middlesbrough), Ince (still at West Ham), Keane (still at Forest) and co hadn't even arrived when the success story started. Bruce was brought in from Gillingham after being told he wouldn't make it as a footballer.

It was club-built success based on average players becoming a formidable team at no great expense, being watched by huge crowds bolstering the income. It started with winning cups and moved on to winning leagues.

The income from the success and the resulting revenues earned him the ability to be able to pay larger salaries but even then he's still managed to develop much of the squad from within the club.

As a Fulham fan I may not like watching Utd win but from a distance, I can't avoid acknowledging and admiring how it was done.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

fuck me, we have alot of members from manchester on here ;)
Unbelievable Jeff
deano8177

Post by deano8177 »

There's probaly more Norwich fans/people from Norwich on here than united fans.

Anyway I'm a glory hunter, that's why I travel the country for fruit machines. I'm always after glory.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Nixxy wrote:
messiah wrote:Ferguson spent massive amounts for the time for years before winning anything:

Cor blimey, me and Kesh seem to be agreeing on something here .... :shock:

Ferguson never splashed the cash in the way you describe, Messiah - as Pallister (still at Middlesbrough), Ince (still at West Ham), Keane (still at Forest) and co hadn't even arrived when the success story started. Bruce was brought in from Gillingham after being told he wouldn't make it as a footballer.

It was club-built success based on average players becoming a formidable team at no great expense, being watched by huge crowds bolstering the income. It started with winning cups and moved on to winning leagues.

The income from the success and the resulting revenues earned him the ability to be able to pay larger salaries but even then he's still managed to develop much of the squad from within the club.

As a Fulham fan I may not like watching Utd win but from a distance, I can't avoid acknowledging and admiring how it was done.
For the 100th time I'm NOT kesh!!

Bruce was purchased from Norwich I believe for either £800k or £825k.
messiah

Post by messiah »

The amounts spent were large at the time - look at what other clubs were spending around the time.

The total amount was something that only 1 or 2 clubs were able of spending.

Scholes, beckham, the nevilles all came into the team after the first title had been won.

And what is the relevance where these players were playing before - Keane was a standout first division star when playing for Forest etc.