Need a new Smartphone

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Nixxy

Need a new Smartphone

Post by Nixxy »

Phone upgrade time - and O2 seem to want me to have either a Samsung Galaxy S or an HTC Desire HD.

Anybody got either of those and wanna share any info - ie. any reasons to avoid either of 'em :)

Failing those, I shall play with a few others in the shops and grab something else.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

all depends on what YOU want from a phone .

some love the do it all convenience , the aps ,,,,,, the internet , facebook ,, latest technology ,,,,,,, makes you a cup of tea etc etc

but i didn't even open the shrink wrap on my last upgrade ,,,,,,,,,,, just sold it on ebay for a quick 300.

my £20 samsung e2121b,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it phones , it text's ,,,,,, it has a crappy camera for emergency snaps ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i only charge it once every 5-7 days

thats all i want from a moby.
Little discipline = BIG issue

maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

htc wank battery life, get a blackberry designed for buissness thats wot i use....im slaughtered had 6 pints and 7 mai thais hahah...so drunk
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Battery life on my htc is fine,could be because I'm not ringing round for info all the time and I tend to keep my calls short and to the point.

I bought htc on recommendation from the guy in the vodafone store,funnily enough it was a toss up between that and the samsung,I knew nothing about htc but I'm glad I got it,I wasn't pressured into an iPhone just because everyone else had it.

I chose it based on the fact that it felt better in my hand than the samsung. :D
quasar911

Post by quasar911 »

out of those - Galaxy S without a 2nd thought.

Post by 999329753 »

I have had my HTC dear since may and its a great phone. I use mine a lot so charge it from dead daily and I must confess this is the only negative issue with the phone. Wife has iPhone 3g and I much prefer this. I will def be getting hd or equivalent in Nov.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

I've got an iphone, amazing piece of kit, but if your only after a phone to use as a phone then I've heard good things about the HTC's, quite a few mates have them just not the HD version.

On the Battery problems, How long does a Laptop battery last ? Smartphones are effectively a mini laptop now yet fit in the palm of your hand. If you use it the battery goes, simple.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

For me:

Blackberry Curve 8900 for business (battery lasts for days and is much easier to type on for large volumes of emails).

Ipod Touch for all the apps, Iphoney type things etc.

Did have an HTC K-Jam a few years ago and it was attrocious - have steered clear of anything HTC since- I imagine they have improved.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I was unsure what to get when I had to upgrade last time because I've always liked traditional mobiles with buttons etc lol. A phone for me was the other half being able to get hold of me in case of an emergency - summat happened to the kids etc. I hated my mobile ringing when I was on a machine!!!

Anyway, my options were the Dell Streak, Sony Xperia or an I-phone 3GS...the I-phone 4 wasn't really an option. I opted for the 3GS and its a great piece of kit - probably couldn't do without now!!! Unless something really, really good comes out I'll be keeping and selling my next upgrade. The only thing wrong with I-phones is everyman and his dog have them nowadays.

I don't know about the HTC but my mate showed me his new Galaxy S last night and seems good - very light. But he wanted to show me an App, he can download and play virtually any SNES game released - I had a bash on Mario Kart and Street Fighter but it didn't feel right because the buttons are obviously flat!!! Still good for the old Final Fantasy games though. You can get Apps for Megadrive games and PS1 games too.

Nice phone.
silent g

Post by silent g »

IPHONE 4

better display, battery life, camera than other iphones, plus you can get all games and aps free if you jb it.

ive had iphones for the last few years and will never get rid!
condoms... ribbed for her pleasure! turn it inside out and its ribbed for my pleasure :)
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

I've had the htc Desire since it came out. Matches the I-phone in pretty much every department if you ask me, I just didn't want to be a drone and follow everyone else and have the same phone. Had it 9 months or so now and it's still great. As others have said, the battery on it is quite poor if you excessively use it like I do, and have GPS & Wi-fi permanently on. You can save battery by leaving these off and changing some other settings like screen etc, but i can't be arsed to faff about keep changing the settings. Daily recharge job for sure, I never get more than a days play out of it because of how much I use it for calls/text/net etc.

Costs me £30 a month for unlimited everything (calls/texts/net). Only thing that's extra is MMS, but i'd rather just use a pc!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
CraigDag

Post by CraigDag »

I have the Galaxy S, I prefer andriod to iOS, the battery life is average though but if you make sure to kill all running tasks after use it can be extended quite a bit.
Oddfeet63

Post by Oddfeet63 »

I phone without doubt
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I have iPhone 4 32gb version
Can't fault it
Never had a problem

Missus has a blackberry I don't like it
Mates have htc etc
Although they push the iPhone 4 close they just fall short IMO
The downside of course is the cost

So if you can get a good deal on upgrade look no further than iPhone 4
If you don't wanna splash the cash the others are certainly catching up
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

whatever you get, get insurance cause the screens bound to break sooner than later