A bit of advice please

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
rook1984

A bit of advice please

Post by rook1984 »

A few weekends ago I was involved in a car crash. Nothing serious just crashed into the back of somebody else on a roundabout.

Now my ex mother in law was in the car and a few days ago she told me she is suffering from whiplash and that she wants to claim on my insurance.

All I want to know is, what happens if she does? Will my car insurance rocket up as a result. My car was a write off and Iv recieved the cheque allready. Can she still claim on my insurance as mine has already been settled?

Any help or advice anybody could give me would be very much appreciated.

PM if its easier.

Thanks in advance
messiah

Re: A bit of advice please

Post by messiah »

rook1984 wrote:
Now my ex mother in law was in the car
You dirty dog.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I'm no expert but whether she is putting it on or not, she probably will win a claim. As far as I know her claim shouldn't put up your insurance as it's one crash - and that way when you fill out the form at the comparison site online all it asks is crash info, what happened and the payout amount etc not whether 2 claims were made for one crash.
Bored of the grind.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Did you get my pm mate? If not I will put it on here
rook1984

Post by rook1984 »

thanks for the replies. Its hopefully sorted out now.
Stevie S

Post by Stevie S »

It would not matter if you were driving a full bus and every passanger claimed for whip lash, your insurance will rocket to the same price anyway. If I was you, I would also tell anyone else who was in my car to file a claim whether they were injured or not and give me a slice of the pie. I hate to say this mate, but your insurance is going to really hit the roof so you may have to consider going on as a second driver to keep it affordable.
how about a greasy pork sandwich served in a dirty ashtray.
quasar911

Post by quasar911 »

if you dont like or get on with ex-mo.in.law ring ins up and tell them shes making it all up. they will check her out and ask her to attend certain apptmnts. she will prob give up.
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

I hit a car on my motorbike it went to court and got threw out and my insurance still went up even though he didn't win anything!!