Driving

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
thecannonball89

Driving

Post by thecannonball89 »

Going to start my lessons soon, fed up on waiting for drivers ect. broom broom :D
mjd

Post by mjd »

All the best :)

My advice would be, if you have never been in the driving seat before set your expectations to rock bottom. I think everyone will remember the first time they got behind the wheel (I went about 200 yards) and it didn't feel good. Time passes, and it all comes natural. Modern cars though are a little strange! We had a hire car today (a modern Vauxhall Astra) and it didn't have a handbrake! Glad I wasn't driving :lol: Yours won't be like that though!
boom
quizard

Re: Driving

Post by quizard »

thecannonball89 wrote:Going to start my lessons soon, fed up on waiting for drivers ect. broom broom :D
People run for cover Image
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Did mine this year. Best thing I've ever done, considering I got my provisional in 97 it only took me 13 years to get it done.

Don't like the sound of this new test section where you drive were you want for 10 mins, much easyer following orders.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
quizard

Post by quizard »

When I did mine there was no theory test or anything. Just about a 20min drive with an emergency stop, three point turn, reverse around a corner. Identify and few road signs in a book at the end and that was it lol.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

quizard wrote:When I did mine there was no theory test or anything. Just about a 20min drive with an emergency stop, three point turn, reverse around a corner. Identify and few road signs in a book at the end and that was it lol.
I remember that too.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Good luck mate. Get a few lessons done and when you think your comfortable to go out by your self with some one with 3 year driving experience. There is a good company for insurance its local to me. Get a quote for friend/familys car usually around 100 pound for a month. Get your self out as much as possible drive when doing bandits just take sum1 with you. When the month is up you can renew for just 2 weeks are whatever. Any way its good have a look its collingwood learners just google it. It works out better as it probably gonna be 15 pound an hour, that's 10 hours. Or you could also have a full month do as you like for 100.
Northern Monkey

Post by Northern Monkey »

gambogaz1 wrote:Did mine this year. Best thing I've ever done, considering I got my provisional in 97 it only took me 13 years to get it done.

Don't like the sound of this new test section where you drive were you want for 10 mins, much easyer following orders.
Similar here Gambo- got provo in 92 had a couple of lessons. Did test 2005. Theory is a touchscreen like a quizzy.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

driving where you want's fine, as you can just drive round a nice easy stretch of road for 10 mins without any issues, assuming your test centre's not in a horrible place
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Yeah it'll be good to make up a route beforehand. I know what I'd do...Left out of the test centre, INDICATORS....Now remember the speed limit on your way to the lights. Red means stop, don't try and race ahead when it's orange THIS time! Make a right, INDICATORS AGAIN! Into the car park, turn engine off, get out, in the pub. Five minutes to have out the ESB that's always pumped then back to the test centre!
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Can't understand why anybody would want to get the bus/train when more dough is to be made quicker/faster by driving!(except in town centres of course)
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Scott

Post by Scott »

Driving = wider choice of machines at your disposal, and is a must if you ask me!!!
Cobwebs 👆
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Good luck mate, sure you'll be fine, although if you have never been behind the wheel before, as said earlier on, it can be pretty daunting, even if your going very slowly, its still a bit scary, although id imagine newer cars are much different to learn from scratch in, alot more forgiving and just generally easier, my first drive was in one of these!

deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

Ford Cortina was a class car. Used to have a few of these.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

i learnt to drive last year it's so much better,it does take a chunk out of playing time whilst trying to learn,and also failing a practical test is very bad time wise,nearly 3months around here unless you get a cancellation
i got more routes than loreal