ps3 games bargains

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
2 down for the melons

ps3 games bargains

Post by 2 down for the melons »

Was in tesco today, and noticed that fallout new vegas is 22 quid, not a bad price, considering u can trade it in at argos for 30 quid..(to spend in store) read somewhere its full of bugs though, keeps on freezing up?

Edit..Iv'e just worked out, u can get a 600quid tv for 440, if u take full advantage of this offer!..
Double check the trade in price though, argos were doing fallout new vegas for 30 at 7ish tonight, but the prices could drop!!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

is it only the 360 version that's cheap ? tis the usual way if so.

i'm playing it at the mo ,it does freeze a fair bit,sometimes for a second and sometimes for longer than i can be tossed to wait without resetting it.

there's another bug that lets you get stuck on stuff whilst jumping. i.e half way up hills etc. this can be remedied by commiting suicide by aiming explosive weapons straight at the floor or wall next to you.

yes, it is a bit frustrating but with a game of this magnitude you were always going to have a niggle or two and even with these problems the game is still an amazing experience.

the patch for these problems is imminent though and dlc will make this game even more awesome.

as far as i'm concerned you can stick black ops up your arse sideways. fallout new vegas should be game of the year.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

as far as paying for a tv with 20 copies of the same console game, then that is a LOL.

i would love to hear a report of anyone doing this.
2 down for the melons

xbox and ps3 versions are both 22 quid each..

To get the cheap tv, I think u would need perhaps another two people, and using more than one store.

Iv'e traded in one game before at argos, and I seem to remember something like only 1 copy of the game allowed..

But it would be good fun to walk in with 20 copies, can I trade these in please... :lol:
2 down for the melons

mr lugsy wrote:
i'm playing it at the mo ,it does freeze a fair bit,sometimes for a second and sometimes for longer than i can be tossed to wait without resetting it.

there's another bug that lets you get stuck on stuff whilst jumping. i.e half way up hills etc. this can be remedied by commiting suicide by aiming explosive weapons straight at the floor or wall next to you.

yes, it is a bit frustrating but with a game of this magnitude you were always going to have a niggle or two and even with these problems the game is still an amazing experience.

the patch for these problems is imminent though and dlc will make this game even more awesome.

as far as i'm concerned you can stick black ops up your arse sideways. fallout new vegas should be game of the year.
Cheers for the advice about the freezing up problems, I'll relay them to my eldest, he's having it for christmas..

Iv'e never really given any other game apart from mw2 a bash, im just too addicted to mw2..Iv'e never played a game that makes me shout so much... :lol:

Take last night, i was just about to get my harriers, and some git was just hiding...grr cue " U FUC*ING CAMPING BAST**D"

Post by 999329753 »

fallout vegas is 19.99 in gamestation on ps3
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

bargain.

ffs every time i buy a game for 40 notes it's half price in a couple of weeks :x
2 down for the melons

999329753 wrote:fallout vegas is 19.99 in gamestation on ps3
Yes noticed it earlier, very good price..I think some shops are charging near on 40 quid for it!! :roll:
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

mr lugsy wrote:bargain.

ffs every time i buy a game for 40 notes it's half price in a couple of weeks :x
Thats why I can wait if it's not a triple A title or a game I've really been looking forward to because I can guarantee Asda or somewhere will have reduced it to £25 within 4 - 6 weeks.
blingking

Post by blingking »

The only games worth playing on ps3 are GTA and GT.

New GT5 out now i believe, just sent the misses out to get it! lol Just hope the new GTacademy starts soon for the UK! I will be in the top 20 this year, mark my words!!!! TOP 20!!!!

BTW if anyone knows when it starts, let me know!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

within 3-4 months all games get reduced to £20 , or even better in the 2 for £30 sections

in fact , you have to keep your eye on gamestation , they often do (must be loss leaders , or at the very least , cost price ) deal of the week offers , basically a half price latest game , essentially to get you in there store , on the premise that you will buy something else while your in there ,

there are lots of bargains to be had this time of year if you shop around , as all the shops try to out do one another with at least one heavily discounted product in order to get you in their store for their share of the xmas spending public .

but beware , more often than not the televised offer turns out to be a sham , with that promise of a half price telly at currys , simply isn't there , with the excuse of ''our shop allocation of the tv offer was limited to 20 units which have all sold out'' ,,,,,,,,,,, ''but whilst your here , can i intrest you in this ?'' regular or even xmas inflated tv ?

when it comes to software , i only buy maybe 2full price games a year , preferring to wait for the discounts and/or trade in ,

however one game is coming soon which i will gladly pay full price for ,,,,,,, infact i'll be in the queue first thing on day of release ,,,,,, and probably take a few days off slotting to get immersed . . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,, no prizes for guessing what game that is ,,,, lol
Little discipline = BIG issue

2 down for the melons

Noticed another bargain today, picking it up tomorrow, Medal of Honour 19.99 in gamestation..I was in asda this afternoon, and noticed the price on MOH was 39 quid something!!
I believe the offer at gamestation ends December 8th.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

cheers melonman ,,,,,,, might pick it up myself
Little discipline = BIG issue

Martal~Wombat

Post by Martal~Wombat »

trayhop123 wrote:
however one game is coming soon which i will gladly pay full price for ,,,,,,, infact i'll be in the queue first thing on day of release ,,,,,, and probably take a few days off slotting to get immersed . . ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,, no prizes for guessing what game that is ,,,, lol
it wouldn't be DC Universe by any chance would it?
mr lugsy, thanks for the advice on fallout vegas, i've just bought fallout lll, and vegas was next on my hit-list, hopefully the update data will be out by completion of lll.

PSN : martalwombat (feel free to add me)
http://www.comics.wombania.com/
..having a coffee in a spoons near you soon :))
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you'll have your work cut out on that martin, especially if you play all the dlc aswell.