derren brown

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
ob

derren brown

Post by ob »

Right I just watched one of his programs, and I AINT HAPPY, I mean what the fuck, its an obvious setup clearly.

Some of the things were ridiculous, this film they showed was meant to make you stuck to your chair if you watched it and followed his instructions with an open mind, which I did, and no effect at all...

Plus crap like people picking a specific number due to subliminal messages, I would counter this by saying most people would pick a specific lucky number for them, if I played his games, I would just pick 9, regardless as its my lucky number, so any subliminal messages would be rendered pointless, clearly all his audience participants are pre selected, and either VERY stupid and suggestable, or completely setup.

NOT HAPPY, THIS IDIOT SHOULD NOT BE MAKING MONEY WITH THIS CRAP!

(oh btw, I may be a bit late on the ball on this one!)
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

you'll be happy to know you're not his only 'fan' on here ob.

viewtopic.php?t=14099&start=0&postdays= ... rren+brown
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

all people of Mr. Brown's ilk are pure rubbish. Not one of them ever sits down to an independently conducted test to either verify or disprove their 'powers'.

In absence of the willingness to do this, the only conclusions that can be drawn are:-

1. They play the odds. Sometimes they are correct. Generally, they only air the correct times, since who wants to watch someone that gets it wrong alot of the time ? That makes for boring TV.

2. They are rigging the outcome of their shows.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
JG

Post by JG »

That lottery sham finished him. Made him a laughing stock.
I will tell you the lottery numbers........after the draw has finished LMFAO.

He'll play out his contract with C4 and then it will be goodbye Mr. Brown.

Very good presentation on some of the earlier shows and they were very watchable and enjoyable, but that lottery one was an absolute joke.
JG
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

In all honesty tho, the stuck to the chair thing didnt work for me at the time it was originally aired, and i watched the +1 as well with the same result of feeling a little heavy and it was not as easy to get out of my chair as usual, but i was not stuck.

BUT. this was probably because i didn't watch the whole program all the way through those 2 times, i was clicking about on the web etc, and only sat down to watch the so called 'film' thing, on the repeat last night, it was different.

As soon as it started, i made an effort to sit and watch the whole show without getting up or moving (apart from in the breaks) eyes glued to the show throughout, and i can tell you that the stuck to chair thing DID work.

I wasnt majorly stuck totally still, i could lift my arms and lean forwards, but damned if i could stand up, seriously, i kid you not, no matter how hard i tried, hands on the sides of the chair, literally pushing like fook, i could not get up for about 10 minutes, i am being totally serious i assure you.

I don't think it was the film itself that did it, fair enough it probably added to it, but it was the subliminals that popped up throughout the entire show that did it i think.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
JG

Post by JG »

Fair play, I have heard similar anecdotes and didn't try it myself for fear of getting stuck to a chair at an important time.
JG
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

JG wrote:Fair play, I have heard similar anecdotes and didn't try it myself for fear of getting stuck to a chair at an important time.
The community would be safer if you had been stuck to your chair, Jason.
K_Oranj

Post by K_Oranj »

re: Lottery trick (aka Semiotic Excavation)

Anyone who approached this thinking that he'd reveal the numbers beforehand .... well, he'd got those folks already. I thought the whole thing was masterfully set up and enjoyed the fact that he was having one fantastic and elaborate laugh at the gullibility of crowds. Many allusions to how the illusion was done and what was misdirection were there to decode - snowflake image, oxtail soup (many puns on that one). I'm even of the opinion that the 'ball(s) up' was deliberate (or at least covered) judging from the section in the The Events trailer where the girl's balloon rises back up a little (symmetry: middle of the road, middle of the trailer, eagle image nearly but which way is it eyeing) and the comment he makes therein.

re: Sticky Bum trick

Poor girl!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

spose that sticky bum trick kept ms green out of the fridge while reburbishments took place.

i preferred the zombie hospital that harry2 posted in the thread i linked a few posts back , gimme one of those guns .... superb suppression with zero recoil and a fire rate to D I I I E E E E E !!!!!! for.

tat a tat tat tat.......DIE ZOMBIE SCURGE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P

:o ops:
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

That recent series and live show weren't great - he's moving further and further away from the mentalism which made him so famour - and into illusions and magic which has been done before. That said, the recent trick making you stick to your seat - whilst bobbins for the majority of viewers - would have been impressive to the small minority on whom it worked.

For me, his best stuff has been stuff where he uses the power of persuasion. Remember the one where he got the bookie at the dogtrack to keep paying out on losing tickets...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2q3oy ... ack_people