absent friends

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Demmerz

Post by Demmerz »

I still have a few of Kevin's pm's.

Happy New Year all, kind thoughts go to all.
Still kicking about.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

I am listening to a particular track on YT that was a favourite of our group of mates back in the day (link to the track at the bottom of this post if anyone is intregued as to what it is) and i can feel tears in my eyes while listening to it as i remember us lot listening to it and loving it at 14 years old when it was brand new and the thought always comes into my mind that if we were back down the park where we used to hang out now there would be an empty seat where my best mate jason would have been sat, complete with his curtians haircut and large quantity of food in bags, and some weed, i imagine that he would still be sat there with us now, still with that dodgy haircut probably. What if, if only, who knows :(

I dwell on it more today of all days as its my birthday, and if he were still here he would be coming up to be 24 now, 16 was as far as he got. :(

Those were good times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBQmV2zZK5o
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

Can i ask what happened to him?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
Scott

Post by Scott »

Amazing how a song can take you back to a period/time of your life, i've got loads of tunes that remind me of great times.
Cobwebs 👆
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

betchrider wrote:Can i ask what happened to him?
Course mate.

It was 2am on a foggy night/morning in april 2001, he was driving a mates car (which was wrong to begin with as he was only 16) through soham town heading out to go to the garage, where they have speed humps and those concrete triangle traffic island things on one side of the road so you have to stop for oncoming traffic.

Witness accounts say that he was driving roughly within the speed limit, although illegally anyway, and a truck came the other way literally out of nowhere at very high speed as my mate was coming through that one way section and he managed to cut in just in time to miss the speeding truck, but it was too close and the back wheel of the car caught the corner of the traffic island, turning the car towards the verge and into a large tree which rolled the car over.

His (so called) mate who was a passenger bailed out and ran off and was found 2 or 3 hours later back at home with cuts and bruises but otherwise uninjured.

Meanwhile jason was left alone in the upturned car and was found a few seconds later by a lady who lived opposite, and a man walking his dog who was further up the road and saw the whole thing, with his feet poking out of the windscreen, he was unconscious.

He came round fine after a few minutes, other than a nosebleed and some cuts and bruises he clambered out and seemed totally fine.

Another of his friends who had wondered where he had got to then arrived in his car, by which time jason was walking wounded but had seemingly got his breath back so to speak, so he sat on the bonnet of his mates car and had a cigarette and waited for the ambulance, just in case, he even said to his mate, 'fuck, i thought i was a goner then'.

The ambulance arrived, and jason asked for a drink of water as he was really thirsty, and although sympathetic of him being thirsty, the paramedics said they couldnt allow him any fluids until he had been checked over fully at hospitial.

He climbed into the ambulance unaided and sat down, then became by all accounts 'moody' (i can just imagine, come on fucks sake, give us a drink mate) because they wouldnt let him have a drink, and his anger then turned to disorientation and finally, total confusion, and after a few more minutes he fell unconscious again and died right there in the ambulance at the scene of the crash.

Turns out he had massive internal injuries that he hadnt been aware of, probably due to the adrenaline rush of it all, so thats why he seemed fine but then got fatally worse. :(
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

A brick wall that my best mate was working on about 1994 fell on him and he got up and dusted himself down.About 2 mins later he was dead as he had burst his aorta(sp)and bled to death internally.My mum deals wi viewings in the morgue at the hospital and saw him on the slab and said there wasnt a mark on him!So bizzarre init and a top lad gone in his prime.(But not forgotten R.I.P Gardner)
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Its this time of year again, and sadly theres another absent friend this year.

RIP Richard Michael Leadon, 17/02/1990 - 03/08/2011

gone but never forgotten.

Will be raising a glass of JD and coke in your honour tonight richy rich.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

The inquest verdict came out today, so now we know what caused richards tragic and untimely demise...

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Home/Ge ... 042012.htm

It doesnt make losing him any easier to bare, but knowing that he would have suffered no pain is somewhat of a comfort for those of us that are left behind.

Gone but never forgotten.
chrysanthy

Post by chrysanthy »

nice words!
i want to raise a glass for my dear friends,
myself,
all users here!
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

hip hip