Snow, Transport and the Lack of...

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Matt Vinyl

Snow, Transport and the Lack of...

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Anyone else having 'fun' with this? Took me 3 hours to do a three-mile car journey yesterday. Now, looking out my window there's thick ice all over the place (not to mention the snow!)

Do I:

-Chance public transport (heard of fights on SE trains station!)
-Chance walking (and risk leg breaks / knee dislocation (which I'm prone to) right before Christmas).
-Go back to bed
-Wait until 8:58 and clamber over the rooftops to the local 'Spoons. ( ;) )
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I pretty much took the bed option from friday to sunday and then decided I couldn't handle it any more...

It took me 2 hrs to get 30 miles on the M25 last night to get home but from hearing other's stories that was actually a result!
Bored of the grind.
Scott

Post by Scott »

We've not been hit that bad here in Leicester, I've got a 20 mile trip to do Christmas eve to stay with family for a few days, but the weather has'nt stopped me going about my daily routine (so far).
Cobwebs 👆
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Its fine down here at the moment, got my aldershot basingstoke route to do today so lets hope it aint bad up that way either!
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Gary. Basingstoke is terrible. My boss left Reading at 4 p.m. yesterday and to Chineham, just outside Basingstoke at 2.30 a.m. Walked home from work (about 7 miles). Funny how all the RWD BMW's couldn't make it up the hills.
Roulette free since December 2011.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

Ok cheers, basingstoke might be off the list then!
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

harry2 wrote:Gary. Basingstoke is terrible. My boss left Reading at 4 p.m. yesterday and to Chineham, just outside Basingstoke at 2.30 a.m. Walked home from work (about 7 miles). Funny how all the RWD BMW's couldn't make it up the hills.

Yeah, I had to laugh at the "posher" cars getting stuck in the terribly deep two-inch snow drifts. Both me and my mate have had no problems with our Passats.
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

horrible here in norwich too, just going on this piss instead :D
Unbelievable Jeff
mjd

Post by mjd »

Its certainly interesting!

Im going camping for 2 nights, tonight! Going to be craaaaaazy!

And a piss up! :lol:
boom
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

CrosbyRules wrote:horrible here in norwich too, just going on this piss instead :D
Is it still bad up there?? As me and my gf are coming up tomorrow night to stay with her family for a few days over xmas.
Bored of the grind.
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Its shite around here, council have done fuck all to the roads really, 1 pass of the gritter on the main roads once a day, and that is it, so unless you are only on the road for that hour after they have gritted then your pretty much fucked, it really is lethal, can't even dare to use the brake pedal as all you do is slide, plus with this thing being very light, and rear wheel drive, i have got stuck places loads of times as it tries to move, but the limited slip diff kicks in and locks the axle, so it then spins both back wheels together, digs a hole and buries itself.

They have not been treating any of the pavements in the town centres here either, and three OAP's fell over yesterday outside shops and now get to spend christmas in hospitial with a broken hip each.

I know its cold and shitty and generally not nice weather to be outside, but the council have really done a piss poor job with the state of the roads this year in my eyes, and as for not treating any pavements in a busy town centre 4 days before christmas, that just aint fucking good enough.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
keno

Post by keno »

Pay council tax and the gritters are no-where to be seen.
aaamusements.co.uk

Post by aaamusements.co.uk »

Sheet ice on the roads around here this evening. Mind you it is the sticks out here.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

lots of sheet ice here too and not a pinch of rocksalt as of yet :|

not been much in the way of snow mind you.
JG

Post by JG »

Loads of salt around here and I don't think we've had the worst of it. Makes the side of your car turn white. Drove down the M5 yesterday and my washers packed in, not fun when your windscreen is caked in a thick film of salty, sticky, mucky dust.