Potty Hacked and deleted!!!

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
now_then

Post by now_then »

There's a lot of names on here tonight that I'm not familiar with.

Where did they all come from?
dude_se

Post by dude_se »

you are all a bunch of morons (well the half of you being morons)...

firstly, I, and a lot of JPF can change a lightbulb .... im pretty crap at it, but i sure as hell can do it.

secondly... the site got hacked, which showed this message http://i56.tinypic.com/2jame1i.png

thirdly .... the server then went down/the site got deleted, im just not sure which order it happened (it must of got deleted via the admin cp, as its all hosted via zetaboards, and i doubt you noobs hacked into them). it takes 1 click of a button to delete a zetaboards forum, which is gash, but thats life.

fourthly .... im sure gambo will have done backups, if not, then we will just have to rebuild. this site seems dead as fook, so in a couple of weeks we will have more activity than around here.

fifthly ..... even if zeta charge, it is piss easy to set up a forum elsewhere. tons of free hosting so could use phpbb or any other free software, or go for a paid solution. dead easy. would take 10 mins to setup.

so to conclude ... it will be a piece of piss to get jackpotty back online, either a whole new forum, sticking with zeta and using a backup, etc, etc. most people use the proper JPF domain anyway, so would only take 24 hours at most to point it to the new nameservers, so JPF should be back in the next few hours - few days at the very most.
matty.n

Post by matty.n »

the attack has moved to fruity fans fme

i've had my acount deleted, i've got an idea of who it is as its happened a few times before with various people
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Well at times like these I remember what happened almost 2 years back, how the other board closed etc, what we did, sorted out a new board...Even on the old board we had a right fuckin laugh over lots of things, talking about fruits, puttin a lime in a corona in pictures lol, that did make me laugh. We were close knit so it were, we liked our site and valued each other
Now here we are, sorta same situation again...same blokes again a bit later but this time trying to war over keyboards over one another and badmouthing the people we initially did like on the board and would have a proper banter with. How times certainly change eh! Shame really it's turned out like this, I try and be civil to the people I chat to, I'm not going to throw words around here but I just wonder where's it all changed really...
ralphy

Post by ralphy »

dude_se wrote:you are all a bunch of morons (well the half of you being morons)...

firstly, I, and a lot of JPF can change a lightbulb .... im pretty crap at it, but i sure as hell can do it.

secondly... the site got hacked, which showed this message http://i56.tinypic.com/2jame1i.png

thirdly .... the server then went down/the site got deleted, im just not sure which order it happened (it must of got deleted via the admin cp, as its all hosted via zetaboards, and i doubt you noobs hacked into them). it takes 1 click of a button to delete a zetaboards forum, which is gash, but thats life.

fourthly .... im sure gambo will have done backups, if not, then we will just have to rebuild. this site seems dead as fook, so in a couple of weeks we will have more activity than around here.

fifthly ..... even if zeta charge, it is piss easy to set up a forum elsewhere. tons of free hosting so could use phpbb or any other free software, or go for a paid solution. dead easy. would take 10 mins to setup.

so to conclude ... it will be a piece of piss to get jackpotty back online, either a whole new forum, sticking with zeta and using a backup, etc, etc. most people use the proper JPF domain anyway, so would only take 24 hours at most to point it to the new nameservers, so JPF should be back in the next few hours - few days at the very most.

and who is paying for all this ???????? thats what i thought......
matty.n

Post by matty.n »

free forum is free you muppet

if zeta was charging then fruit fans would have also go down

it hasnt
dude_se

Post by dude_se »

paying for what?

zeta is free

staff are free

... only thing paid for is the domain, but thats pocket change.

boob
now_then

Post by now_then »

Is it the same people who did in Superarcadia all those years back?
alfieboy

Post by alfieboy »

:roll: :roll: :roll:

For the stupid, its what goes around.. Ying Yang.... or something

Just wish I'de done it loooooooooool.......... would have made my fuckin day

Gamb is the only 1 that had the code to delete the site...

Ohh plt thickens
dude_se

Post by dude_se »

what code?

i just made a forum on zetaboards and deleted it straight away, via the admin CP. theres a big fat delete button.

unless JPF is uber special in some way??

whats your beef with JPF anyway?
matty.n

Post by matty.n »

Mat & JPF have a history

He deleted the original Jackpotforums

someone else can fill in the rest
ralphy

Post by ralphy »

Dude_se "or go for a paid solution"
that was what my reply was to...

hows the update going along? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Dude I expect only root admin has the Delete function on their CP...Therefore when Alfie(not pies) says "he's got the only code" it could mean his PW.
alfieboy

Post by alfieboy »

So YOUXDELETED POTTY!!! YOU scum bag lol

For the info, and in Gambos defence,

thats all i got.. NEXT
alfieboy

Post by alfieboy »

iTS BACK FFS

OH no my mistake lol

http://s1.zetaboards.com/jackpottyforums/index/