calling it a day , , , well sort of

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

you win 230 in a day and think you will be better off doing a part time job, what do you have like 15 kids?
ob

Post by ob »

The frustrating thing these days is most ofl the decent older stuff is in shitholes, which in one sense is better as they are ready a lot more often than if they were in centres or chain pubs, but on the other hand you've got the hassle, comments, barrings which don't really make the "job" very pleasurable!!!

Look at most spoons these days I mean say you get 1/10 have a mist 1/50 a perfect other than that not much to speak off in em, new deals, jailbreak/bankjob gold/ reflex shite. Most chain pubs are the same.

Here's waiting for something to be out on aforementioned shite, I've investigated, found nothing other than you generally lose, so I'll have to wait for something to trickle down from the likes of noelbeard and linesman eh ;-)
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I think most players feel the same Lee. As soon as I was out of the early addiction phase fruits became monotonous, stale and soulless. The only pleasure is the money. Working the odd bit out brings a slight sense of achievement but the path to discovery is laden with disappointment too.

The fact is playing fruits is a redundant pointless and miserable existence unless you have a goal and escape route from it. Don't get me wrong, we've all felt like the man before when we've been on something fresh but success and easy money often breed delusion and hard times will also bring clarity and realisation.

Sorry to patronise you but I think you've perhaps become a little wiser recently, you've certainly come a long way from the guy that told me he'd have to be "dragged kicking and screaming" from the fruit machine world. It's a good thing, don't see it so negatively, your path in life might be changing towards a better place.

Antidepressants? Noooooo. Bad idea.

Thailand? Woohoo. Fruitchat Thailand holiday is a top idea. I'm sure plenty on here need a break from the reels at the moment, and it would be much more fun than a shitty meet in a wetherspoons.

Anyone up for it?
Roll_With_It_Russ

The Dark Horse wrote:I think most players feel the same Lee. As soon as I was out of the early addiction phase fruits became monotonous, stale and soulless. The only pleasure is the money. Working the odd bit out brings a slight sense of achievement but the path to discovery is laden with disappointment too.

The fact is playing fruits is a redundant pointless and miserable existence unless you have a goal and escape route from it. Don't get me wrong, we've all felt like the man before when we've been on something fresh but success and easy money often breed delusion and hard times will also bring clarity and realisation.

Sorry to patronise you but I think you've perhaps become a little wiser recently, you've certainly come a long way from the guy that told me he'd have to be "dragged kicking and screaming" from the fruit machine world. It's a good thing, don't see it so negatively, your path in life might be changing towards a better place.

Antidepressants? Noooooo. Bad idea.

Thailand? Woohoo. Fruitchat Thailand holiday is a top idea. I'm sure plenty on here need a break from the reels at the moment, and it would be much more fun than a shitty meet in a wetherspoons.

Anyone up for it?

so like majority of jobs, but not as bad as you can actually choose when you work.
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Well obviously most 9-5 daily routines are equally pointless, who ever said they weren't?

Playing fruits has advantages like choosing your own work schedule but it also has disadvantages such as isolation and lack of social interaction.

Who cares? We all know working is shit and holidays are fun. Thailand Russ?
Roll_With_It_Russ

Thailand ain't as cheap as it was, costs are actually prob comparable to cheaper parts of the uk... so the weather and climate is different, aside losing my ability to earn the £1000-1500 a month expenses I would not be able to stand the humidity.

Not sure what else appeals about the place.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i can see why some are just as enthusiastic as they have ever been,

for me the reality of it all just sort of kicked in whilst lying in a hospital bed, , , my sister and parents had just left after visiting hours ,

i realized, i simply neglect everyone doing 16-18 hour days in the pursuit of money, , , , the important things in life were passing me by, and it was all my fault.

if i can get a part time job in the new year , then just do the odd fruit day , im gonna have a lot more time to make amends

best of luck to those still passionate, and happy new year to all
Little discipline = BIG issue

trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

oh and russ im sure your last sentence was tongue in cheek

but if it wasn't , , , erm , , , the main attraction is erm erm , , tongue in many cheeks lol
Little discipline = BIG issue

Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

The Dark Horse wrote:Well obviously most 9-5 daily routines are equally pointless, who ever said they weren't?

Playing fruits has advantages like choosing your own work schedule but it also has disadvantages such as isolation and lack of social interaction.

Who cares? We all know working is shit and holidays are fun. Thailand Russ?
You choose to be alone, plenty of people are up for teaming up at least sometimes!
Going to Thailand? What is so good about that place? Give me Dubai any day.

Happy new year!

Oh, and the Christmas meet was great! :)
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

I can honestly tell you I'd have very little to contribute at the moment if we teamed up mate. Thailand is good, trust me, and as I told you I'd love to go Dubai as well, I'll even go halves and sponser David for a laugh?

Happy New Year and best of luck to everyone.
Roll_With_It_Russ

homosexual that is attracted to 20s white guys ain't going to want asian ladybois, also rule dubai out for the same reason
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

How'd ya parents take it?
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
Roll_With_It_Russ

feeder22 wrote:How'd ya parents take it?
what do you mean?
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

How did your parents take it when you told them your gay, im pretty sure thats what he means
Roll_With_It_Russ

oh right the usual steps back, but on the whole not really an issue.