Tell me an interesting fact...

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
tka

Post by tka »

No wonder I drink!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

this is all getting very silly. too silly.
nobody ever wins on those things.
bat_fink

Post by bat_fink »

The Ferrari Formula 1 team fired their entire pit crew yesterday.

The announcement followed Ferrari's decision to take advantage of the British Government's work for dole scheme and employ unemployable Scousers.

The decision to hire them was brought on by a recent documentary on how Liverpool youths were able to remove a set of wheels in under 6 seconds without proper equipment, whereas Ferrari's existing crew can only do it in 8 seconds with high tech gear. This was thought to be an excellent, yet bold move by Ferrari Management as races are won and lost in the pits and Ferrari would have an advantage over every team.

However, Ferrari got more than they bargained for at the crew's first practice session, not only were the Scouse pit crew able to change tyres in under 6 seconds, but within 12 seconds they had resprayed, rebadged and sold the vehicle to the McLaren team for 4 bottles of Stella, a gram of speed and a quick shufty at Coulthard's bird in the shower!

Now thats interesting !!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

in 2003 miss world was won by the daughter of 80 knob-jockey chris de burgh.

the song ein bißchen freiden won the eurovision in 1982. the singer nicole could also sing the song in eight other languages.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Pound for pound, beefburgers cost more than most new cars! :shock:

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

25% of all fires in this country are arson attacks on schools.

telephones used by women have more twisted spiral cords than those used by men. this is because they gossip more and frequently change hands.

jeremy beadle has a tiny cock; on the other hand it's quite big.
MordaciousK(nudges*star)

Post by MordaciousK(nudges*star) »

You gain 1/10th of a calorie licking a stamp but celery has negative calories as it takes more effort to eat it than the calories in it.
Happiness is only two nudges away.Pity you only got 1!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

MordaciousK wrote:licking a stamp
someone in my office believes that if you lick a stamp the glue has creepy-crawly eggs and you get a colony of beasties growing in your tummy.
Terry Tibbs

Re: Tell me an interesting fact...

Post by Terry Tibbs »

Fader wrote:i'll start....

If china's population walked past you, the line would never end due to their birth rate!
the concept of Friday 13th being bad luck came around because taht was the day that the Knights Templer were rounded up and killed
Fader

Post by Fader »

someone in my office believes that if you lick a stamp the glue has creepy-crawly eggs and you get a colony of beasties growing in your tummy.
thats because that once happened, where they store this glue, it had eggs growing around it which got into the glue - someone licked the stamp with a sore in there tongue - the insect got into the cut via the egg, and had eggs in her tongue-

it grew massive,, and got infected badly, she had to cut her tongue and get it all out

disgusting
Chance favours the prepared mind!
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Fader wrote:
thats because that once happened
pull the other one Fader. it's got bells on.
Fader

Post by Fader »

lol :lol:

If you lick your envelopes... You won't anymore!!! A woman was working in a post office in California. One day she licked the envelopes and postage stamps instead of using a sponge. That very day the lady cut her tongue on the envelope. A week later, she noticed an abnormal swelling of her tongue. She went to the doctor, and they found nothing wrong. Her tongue was not sore or anything. A couple of days later, her tongue started to swell more, and it began to get really sore, so sore, that she could not eat

She went back to the hospital, and demanded something be done. The doctor took an x-ray of her tongue and noticed a lump. He prepared her for minor surgery. When the doctor cut her tongue open, a live cockroach crawled out!!!! There were roach eggs on the seal of the envelope. The egg was able to hatch inside of her tongue, because of her saliva. It was warm and moist...

This is a true story reported on CNN.
MordaciousK(nudges*star)

Sounds more like one of those Urban myths tbh Fader
Fader

Post by Fader »

probably is seens as it's on the urban myth site - plus being american :roll: it was meant tongue in cheek hence the lol :)
MordaciousK(nudges*star)

:lol: :lol: :lol: excuse my 'americaness'.By that I mean being dumb :lol: