Good deeds........

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

silent g wrote:i believe in karma, i allways give tramps money after a london meet i was £300ish (drop on a coin helped) and
i noted most of it up and had £13 left, gave it to a tramp in london bridge station, he couldnt believe it :)
he said "now i can afford to get me and my wife dinner" poor git could hardly walk.
Yeah i do, i usually give a few quid if i done ok on the machines. Must have been bad circumstances to get in that way...ive stopped and had a chat with some big issue sellers before.They are actually quite interesting some of them. We are all only a brick wall from being homeless ourselves
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

Im not making out im some sort of Robin Hood character ....but im not heartless like some people
qwerty

Post by qwerty »

tbf i never give my money to anyone else. Not being harsh, but if im 403 up, the £3 is mine aswell, just as if i was having a bad day, i wouldnt give it away. I earnt it they didnt
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

Now we're just bragging about good deeds and loose change!

I helped a blind man across the road once. I stood next to him and whistled a sharp repetitive tune.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Talking about a blind person. There were was a very old lady at the bank today trying to put something in one of the hatches. She couldn't find the whole some one had to help her. I said to the chief we have this that to come to makes you feel empty inside. Poor Sod.
feeder22

Post by feeder22 »

On a serious note i've done my fair share of good deeds, but I think it's not really a good deed if it's in your nature.

Some people would see someone in distress and do nothing, others would do all they could to help.
He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.
The Dark Horse

Post by The Dark Horse »

Ok so conventional wisdom (westernised) would give you the description of karma as that if your actions are good then good circumstances will follow and the same goes for evil. But we all clearly know deep down that this concept isn't true. You might also believe there's a difference between "right" and "wrong" or more commonly "good" and "evil". The thing is, psychology teaches that there's no such thing as "right" or "wrong", no such thing as "good" or "evil". These words are just adjectives to describe your perception of something that you either "like" or "dislike".

The true Buddhist definition of karma is more something along the lines of "if you believe good thoughts then good circumstances will follow", as far as I can understand it anyway. The whole concept of giving charity or helping someone because you believe good circumstances will follow is almost an opposite to the true definition of karma.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

The mind is a powerful entity. Tibetan Buddhists have the ability to create a living being called a Tulpa just by thoughtform alone!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

yet they cant eat a fruit pastel without chewing it
Little discipline = BIG issue

harry2

Post by harry2 »

Friend was doing the old Race For Life the other week and she only had about £20 in sponsors. Had a good day on the horses and pissed and pledged £10, felt a bit generous and changed it to £100. Easy come, easy go, it's only money. She was made up.
Roulette free since December 2011.
ailsa266

Post by ailsa266 »

On the karma subject, has anyone on here read "Join Me" by Danny Wallace? It's an enjoyable and funny book.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

Was on way home from the meet in a services and a old lady shouted excuse me so my friend went over. She then asked him to pull the cap off a fruit shoot bottle I think it was. Got to feel sorry for these people.
logopolis

Post by logopolis »

ailsa266 wrote:On the karma subject, has anyone on here read "Join Me" by Danny Wallace? It's an enjoyable and funny book.

No but he was a fairly decent striker who used to play for Southampton back in the day. He had a younger brother called Rodney if I recall correctly!
messiah

Post by messiah »

And an even younger brother called Ray.

Danny went to Man Utd (right at the end of the 80s?) for about £1.2m IIRC back when that was still a significant amount. Rod went to Leeds in the early 90s unless my memory plays tricks on me, and was actually a lot better than Danny.
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

Ray wallace, that's a blast from the past, cracking little player for us he was.
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens