England Vs Russia

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mjd

England Vs Russia

Post by mjd »

Its a big night tonight!

Come on England! :D
boom
Scott

Post by Scott »

2-0 england with the leicester lad too score first.
Cobwebs 👆
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Brilliant game, and for Rio to finish it off like that, superb!!! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Scott

Post by Scott »

artificial pitch in moscow could be a different game, great performance tonight and confidence should be high for the next game.
Cobwebs 👆
ob

Post by ob »

Good performance, if England can keep this standard up, we've got a good chance in this tournament.

Nice to see Owen getting in the goals again, England sorely missed him
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Dare I say it ...

... having Heskey in the side gives us much better shape.

I never thought I'd say that :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
mjd

Post by mjd »

Indeed, I thought Heskey was arguably man of the match tonight. I dont think he lost a single aerial contest tonight, he is a great target man, and as proven in the past he works really well with Owen (who was on fire tonight!)

Good performance all round, Russia had a few chances, but that was always to be expected.

Seriosuly though, If I was a defender id HATE to compete against Heskey.. You would be bullied.
boom
dangerous

Post by dangerous »

With a bit of luck Fat Frank won't get back in the team. Hooray!
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

The most outstanding player over the two games was Gareth Barry.

It would be an absolute disgrace if Frank Wankhard walks straight back into the team.

The same 11 has to start the next match ( injuries permitting ).
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

defence was poor they carved us open when they wanted - lucky for Eng-er-lund they couldnt finish and were also unlucky to get a goal disallowed.

positive were Gareth Barry proved he could do it (not sure why everyones going mental though - we did this over Hargreaves too) we kept the ball well and passed with accuracy and we actually played as a team not a collection of individuals.

Owen is our biggest goal threat and Heskey allows us to exploit that. If Rooney, Lampard or Citizen Neville walks back in then it shows the management have learned nothing from these two games.
you don’t just jump into bed with Terry Tibbs, you take Terry Tibbs out to lunch, you wine and dine him, you give him an oil massage then he gives you 1950 if you’re lucky!
mjd

Post by mjd »

I agree. This team Works, This Team if played together again WILL improve. This is the way forward...

Heskey must start against croatia in my opinion..
boom
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

ma71lda wrote:Frank Wankhard
what you talking about? hes a goal machine for chelsea!
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

In the last two games we have looked the most balanced i've seen us in the last ten years. Fulbacks overlapping, with a balanced midfield and cohesion up front- my worry is that Maclaren stumbled upon this selection and will revert when other. Surely not even he can do his?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

English people have ridiculously high expectations of their national teams.
yes we played well, but as soon as some mighty team holds us to a draw then we will go out on penalties again (unless it is spain or holland, they are even wore than us at penalties).

but (i know this is directly hypocritical) while it lasts, let's be happy about it.
nobody ever wins on those things.
mjd

Post by mjd »

Not getting overly excited, but Its about getting the team right. This is a newer look team, and they are playing well already. Theres a lot of improvement in it as the players gain more experience in working together IF the management allow it!..

I agree, Just because Lampard scores for Chelsea regularly, he hasn't performed anywhere near that standard for england.
boom