iron maiden

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
itsme

iron maiden

Post by itsme »

went to see iron maiden at sheffield arena on monday night,not my type of music but i enjoyed the show and the beer.

anyone into watching bands play live ???
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
Terry Tibbs

Re: iron maiden

Post by Terry Tibbs »

itsme wrote:went to see iron maiden at sheffield arena on monday night,not my type of music but i enjoyed the show and the beer.

anyone into watching bands play live ???
saw Kasabian play in nottingham last Friday, they were supported by the Fratteli's was a fantastic gig
itsme

Post by itsme »

funny you should mention that.im off to see them tomorrow,really looking forward to that gig.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Should be amazing! :D

Everyone panned their new album, but i loved Empire and Shoot The Runner. Massive songs! :D

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

I went to see the Fratellis last month and they were awesome.

I seem to like the small venues (2-3k) the atmosphere seems to be better for me.

Anyone done the moshing thing? Just before we started i looked around and though "yeah these are younguns they wont do me no harm". Soon as we started i felt like i was gonna die! Stuck out 3 songs before moving towards the bar for a beer or 8
Terry Tibbs

Post by Terry Tibbs »

They were awesome and Shoot the Runner has an element of T-Rex about it.

their first album was amazing, shades of teh stone roses but Empire is really about saying they're a real indie band and they have an oasis like swagger and confidence in the performances.

incidentally i've 'intimately' known the lead singers ex missus (one of my dodgy claims to fame)

the fratteli's were very good but let down by the fact the venue wasnt into full swing nevertheless once Chelsea Dagger and Henrietta started blasting out everyone went mental.

awesome 2 bands i recomend them to anyone.

Not seen such a god gig since The Muse @ Carling Leeds in the summer
itsme

Post by itsme »

cant wait for the fratellis. i also think that shoot the runner sounds like t-trex.cant help thinking that number 6 on the new kasabian album sounds like the track oasis did with the chemical brothers - setting sun - very alike -
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

anyone into your indie you MUST see We Are Scientists..easily one of the best indie bands on the scene the last year..they are playing notts in teh new year doctor i will be there :)
MordaciousK(nudges*star)

Post by MordaciousK(nudges*star) »

Saw Maiden many moons ago in Aberdeen-they were good to the loyal fans that waited after-we got invited back in and all got stuff signed.
Happiness is only two nudges away.Pity you only got 1!
rocket

Post by rocket »

Yeah I love watching a lot of live music. I'm kind of a musician (well, I'm a drummer!) so anything with proper instruments and musicians is good to listen to and / or watch (i.e. not MC'ing, someone sitting in his bedroom making dance 'tunez' using a computer etc).

Haven't been to a gig in ages though. Possibly one of th ehighlights of my LIFE (!!) was going watching The Who last year at Liverpool Docks - intimate venue that only holds about 4000 people, 11 rows back and directly in the centre of the stage.

Fuck. Ing. Brilliant!!
Cardinal Sin

Post by Cardinal Sin »

My mate and I are planning to go to see Joe Jackson when he tours this summer, solely because he is fecking awful and we piss ourselves laughing at his songs.
rocket

Post by rocket »

Cardinal Richelieu wrote:My mate and I are planning to go to see Joe Jackson when he tours this summer, solely because he is fecking awful and we piss ourselves laughing at his songs.
:lol:
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Oi!

Steppin' Out by Joe Jackson is classic! :P :D
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"