Emigrating

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
JustAnotherClone

Emigrating

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Ok may have spelt the Subject title wrong?

Anyways, plans are in place for me to move out to Austrailia for a year or so and see the world a little. I have a Working Travel Visa organised and i think i have found a couple of people who i can stay with a while :D

Will be in Sydney but i think i will try and spend some time around other parts. Has anyone here been? Any words of advice on those lot down under? Won't be going to around July/August next year and i also have to split up with my girlfriend before then (err lets hope she don't read this).

But....yeah thought it may be worth posting about......
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

a big step in lots of ways. good luck with it, apparently they have all our old SWPs so you could coax a wizened pro to give you the answer lists and you'll be quids in.

n.b. it's not quite that simple, there are some antipodean sections which have been programmed over the equivalent. UK qs.

i understand toadfish & harold from neighbours take their axe to fine young british fillies which is pretty gross. not sure whether bronwen & natalie imbruglia (or whatever the modern equivaent is) are quite so accommodating to foreigners.
i've never been there.
nobody ever wins on those things.
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

i have been to Australia twice my self mate once with my family then spend a year there for my GAP year and ive NEVER not wanted to come back to England so much in my life....

the only thing that can be said bad about it is that is is a MISSION away lol

once you get there its brilliant...amazing people, standard of life, so much to see and do..an amazing place to bring up a family (dads friends em'd there 30 years ago, that who i stayed with in Sydney) a laid back approach, i could go on forever mate but until you get there you wont realise what i mean,

you MUST go to Sydney, an expensive place to set up camp but prob the best place to do it....Brisbane is amazing, holiday resort like no other...

had 10 weeks in Perth working, a huge distance away from anything else Australian (your closer to singapore than another aussie city when here (darwin 3k away) )

def worth a look, English style city without the urchins that we have come to expect to see out and about here :P

go and enjoy it mate you WILL NOT want to come back. trust..

just out of interest do you have any lines of work lined up or you just going blind?

im sorting my residency papers out at the end of next year, if you knwo someone there it is a huge benefit as they can act as a sponsor for you to the governemnt to say that you would be able to support yourself...there public services are world class too...free health care when you show your passport at a MediCare centre (thier NHS)...altogher i reckon it will change your life mate. go for it......oh one more thing, thier "pokies" (fruits) are very boring, they are essentially S16 machines but jackpots can go as high as $10,000 from teh ones i saw...thats about a $20 spin though...not fun or worth it :P
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

Thanks for the reply :)

Sydney will be my sort of base camp as thats where i know a couple of people. The 10 weeks you had in Perth, was that the seasonal work you can do to get you an extra years visa?

Im kinda hoping ill meet some rich aussie chick who will marry me and that will sort the visa problem out if i wish to stay 8)
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

no mate my visa was just a temp work visa that was valid for a year..teh work i was doing was classed as volunteer so i dont think it counted towards actual work with regards to a visa...you should be fine with teh one you have, mine was valid for a year...
mjd

Post by mjd »

you should go and Live in Las Vegas Nevada.. Paradise!

I cant wait to go back :D
boom