Nestle Vice Versas

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

Anyone who like me, liked these when they were first out is gonna be dissappointed
They are nothing like they were
They were similar to Minstrels for the shell, but now the shell on them is way too crunchy a real tooth breaker
It's way too overpowering, and the chocolate can hardly be tasted
They are not the same shape either, and the brown ones are lighter in colour

I bought a large bag for £1.50 and left most of them and not bothered since
steelfix1

Post by steelfix1 »

Noels Beard

Post by Noels Beard »

Oscar wrote:£4 lunch money? Wonder what end of the social spectrum you are from?!! I got £2, and that was more than most other kids... Mind you If I was skint i'd get up at 7am and make a packed lunch on the sly, and just save the dinner money up so that I had a float for the arcades at the weekend....
I think Karma has endured because I'm supposed to eat boring shit now. Or die. And parents were quite strict, no weekend arcade jaunts for me.
eastangliapro

Post by eastangliapro »

wallsy is a simple yet awesome game........i used to be straight down solar bowl with my lunch money lol
Jack bauer
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Oscar wrote:The chocolate in the dark centred ones is far more bitter than I remember. They also look less appealing. The shell is also very crunchy unlike before. Nestle have a history of disappointing the chocolate eating public, Smarties being a prime example. I used to really enthuse about the prospect of buying some smarties, with the different flavours. Orange ones tasted of orange, and so on. They even had a limited edition blue one introduced years ago, and the white ones had white chocolate inside them.

Now they are shit. I wouldn't even buy a tube if there was nothing else on offer.
Not read the whole thread but fuck me Smarties are diabolical these days. Tubes? gone. Collect the plastic lids? gone. I remember something that kept me entertained to no end was when you'd put the lid on and smack the empty tube and see how far it would go. No idea why they brought them out in those awful hexagons now.

And the flavours! Dear god. I remember they used to have fun and take the colours away from packets as a novelty, for instance, "WHO'S STOLEN THE BLUE SMARTIES?" but now it's all to do with bloody artificial colours and health and safety. And they bring it back and it's not the same. Never was around for the white smarties, mind.

I used to buy them all the time. Now in 12 years I've bought one packet, about 5 months back, in order to recreate the "Smarties cereal-It's just smarties in a bowl with milk" gag from the IT crowd.