Motorsport Rant

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mjd

Motorsport Rant

Post by mjd »

So there we are.. Indoor karting track in North Cumbria, and my lap times were a little down on what I was hoping, but 1 sec of our quickest guy which is wank..

We get a very long and what is now a bullshit safety video saying 'If you do this you will be disqualified'

In a race, last lap im entering the hairpin in first spot. Got a middle of the track sort of entry, knowing that ive covered the apex, and then bang.. The girl behind shunts me at high speed sending me flying away from the apex I was about an inch away from.. and up the inside she goes....

Lat two corner which are flat, she gets some over steer, I nudge the back of her kart, and then trying again to pass I nudge again... Through I go and I win.. Then guess who gets black flagged!

Lesson of the day, don't go karting with a mix of gender. They even have a pink outfit, just so the marshals know that they cannot black flag them..

So is there any pointin go karting? answer = no, but if you want to continue waxing 40 quid an hour on it, then go ahead..
boom
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Am I reading correctly at the end there that women wear pink when they're karting? and that cos of this they're free from being black flagged?
mjd

Post by mjd »

They did wear pink at this place. If a driver in black overalls shunted me then im sure they'd of got the flag, but on the other hand it was on a part of the track were nobody seemed to be marshalling. Our final was a bruiser! Lots of hits, but no DQs. Top marks for consistancy :roll:
boom
Captain.Tattybojangles

ffs thing is it would sound sexist if we told em No you cant drive here etc etc...but really if they're going to drive, they should follow the same rules as everyone else!
mjd

Post by mjd »

I agree.

Its more of a colour thing, than it being a woman. It could of been Doink the Clown going past and it makes little difference. Just the way it happened..

Only a game, but rather everything was the same for everyone
boom
Captain.Tattybojangles

No fun playing Monopoly if I can rob the bank every other move or choose my chance cards.