Snow, Transport and the Lack of...

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

yeah, cars get covered in salty shite that makes them corrode and the garages do the honourable thing and shut their carwashes :P
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

NO salt left at work now, we got 3 pallets delivered in mid october, which is 168 bags, it sold very slowly back then, but since friday we have sold 144 25kg bags of the stuff, and now it's all gone, i tried to re-order it, but there are massive backorders for it and i cant get any back in stock until mid february.

Brilliant. :roll:
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

The trains were fine today. An improvised service, but nothing that I am not used to. They all ended up leaving at the same time past the hour, except there was an hourly service not half hourly. If you get what I mean. I normally catch the 23 minutes past, and that was still there. But the 53 minutes past wasn't.
Plenty of other routes were cancelled or delayed for an hour plus so I will count myself lucky
ob

Post by ob »

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:
harry2 wrote:Gary. Basingstoke is terrible. My boss left Reading at 4 p.m. yesterday and to Chineham, just outside Basingstoke at 2.30 a.m. Walked home from work (about 7 miles). Funny how all the RWD BMW's couldn't make it up the hills.

Yeah, I had to laugh at the "posher" cars getting stuck in the terribly deep two-inch snow drifts. Both me and my mate have had no problems with our Passats.
You not sharing with benji anymore then? Or do you both have passat's now?!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

The reason why pavements are not gritted is this:-

If the council's grit pavements, and someone falls, they can be sued for not doing their job properly.

If they don't, and someone falls, it's an act of God and no-one is liable.

Sick, but true.
Bored of the grind.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

ob wrote:
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:
harry2 wrote:Gary. Basingstoke is terrible. My boss left Reading at 4 p.m. yesterday and to Chineham, just outside Basingstoke at 2.30 a.m. Walked home from work (about 7 miles). Funny how all the RWD BMW's couldn't make it up the hills.

Yeah, I had to laugh at the "posher" cars getting stuck in the terribly deep two-inch snow drifts. Both me and my mate have had no problems with our Passats.
You not sharing with benji anymore then? Or do you both have passat's now?!
Bought another one on a 57 plate from up near Skipton. These cars are top value for the money, much better than a poxy Vactra anyway.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

sir ratholer wrote:The reason why pavements are not gritted is this:-

If the council's grit pavements, and someone falls, they can be sued for not doing their job properly.

If they don't, and someone falls, it's an act of God and no-one is liable.

Sick, but true.
Wouldn't people sue the council for not doing enough then?
Well, I guess the council will have more to fall back on if they don't grit the roads such as "You weren't careful, live with it" etc
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

Tried walking about on the ice with socks over my shoes today. Surprisingly enough, it worked (me: 0 slips; friend: 10 slips).
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

tried walking about on the ice with my boxers over my trousers today.

So far me no skids..............
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

mr lugsy wrote:tried walking about on the ice with my boxers over my trousers today.

PMSL
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
roberto la vigna

Post by roberto la vigna »

lol
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

mr lugsy wrote:tried walking about on the ice with my boxers over my trousers today.

Awesome!
Bored of the grind.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

as scot said ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mostly fine here ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, done usual route today ,,,,,,, no real problems ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just drive a bit more carefully etc
Little discipline = BIG issue

Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

It makes me laugh how the country comes to a stand still over snow that comes once/twice a year.
When other places (Canada for example) deal with this every single day.