What car should I get??

Off-topic chat, talk about whatever you like..
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

My local vauxhall have brand new 1.6 Astras for 6k and 1.8 Vectras for 7k! They're a network Q dealership so I assume the prices are the same everywhere.

I bought a 2.2 Vectra Elite TD Auto on a 53 plate 6 months ago, paid just over 2k for it at my local 'BCA' trade auctions, the mileage is on the high side but the spec is awesome for the price, full leather, all electrics, onboard computer and all that malarky!

I still wish i'd have waitied a few months though, they've come down a lot in price recently.
mjd

Post by mjd »

I know what you mean about 'Corsa' and 'hills'

Lake district is full of hills (mostly the steepest roads in the country), fair to say the engine gets a pasting!!
boom
Slammer

Post by Slammer »

To answer a few auction questions...

a) No, you cannot test drive them before buy.

b) you can get some real good bargains, but you need to have a clue about motors or you could get severely raped.

The cars are driven around and then you get a swarm of vultures ripping boots and bonnets open, dipping the oil etc. (Literally have about 30 seconds to check it out). Dont be afraid to barge twats out the way and check what you want to see (believe me, they will to you).
Bollocks to all you idiots!

Tired of discussing the same old Melons and Oranges with bill and ben? Check out some NEW options at http://www.sexy-party-chat.co.uk/?id=fc
betchrider

Re: What car should I get??

Post by betchrider »

sir ratholer wrote:Ok since I wrote off my last car (a deer ran out in front of me at point blank range) the day before NYE, I've had a hire car, now I've got the insurance sorted I need to get a new car.

Got about £6k to spend, want something lowish mileage as I rack up the miles and something at least with a 1.6 engine, but nothing too juicy on the petch.

Any ideas?? And what cars are the players choice these days?!
Uber pro selling a black TT if not already sold tho!
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
maverick69

Post by maverick69 »

uber pro or tooler tho betch :roll:
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

maverick69 wrote:uber pro or tooler tho betch :roll:
?
The Duke of betchington Betchrider
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

An Austin Ambassador Y reg
dannyedge25

-

Post by dannyedge25 »

make your own mind up.
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

my mate picked up a astra 54plate 1.9 petrol 40000miles top spec model just over a grand at auction recently, his mates a mechanic and went along with him, so best to no your stuff or get some one who does to check it out, its mint in every respect and a real bargin.
but i have herd horror stories about cars from auctions.
i play mc he drives and its serving us both very well cheap on fuel especially on motoway even has cruise control lol
and didnt cost to much so not affraid of running it into the ground because we will....
TRAPPED!