South Korean Phoenix(+82)

The famous fruit-chat quiz!
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

This is one of those promotions that got scammed I bet - pepsi are quite famous for ill-thought out marketing ploys.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Was it something to do with a competition? Did he find a bag full of ringpulls outside the pepsi factory or something?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

Thumper has found a scent.

add up the clues and you'll have an answer.
nobody ever wins on those things.
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

okay, when i was a nipper i collected smartie lids for a similar reason, but it didn't make me $20,000.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Wasn't there a mythical hard to get letter ?
Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

they got letters on!

so then,mr VLK leisurely collected ringpulls with letters on ,(i assume v,l,k, must have been the deal in the competition to pot the cash) ,whilst poor old Mr Wolfeschlegelsteinberger..... scurried jealously high and low to no avail?
Istenem

Post by Istenem »

L+U+G+S+Y, we have a winner. (but you don't get any $)

some nerd wrote: In 1983, Pepsi encouraged folks to drink their products with The Name Game promotion, which promised to reimburse anyone who could spell out his or her last name using letters printed on the inside of Pepsi bottlecaps or can flip-tops. Contest organizers hoped to control the number of winners by making vowels scarce, forgetting that there are plenty of Anglicized names that have no vowels in them at all. Richard Vlk, for example, completed almost 1,400 sets and pocketed over $20,000. Not bad for a soda-abstaining diabetic
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Something similar happened to me on a much smaller scale. A good few years ago Holsten had a promotion whereby they had a letter of the alphabet printed on a red plastic tab inside the ring pull on 440 ml cans of Holsten Pils. Collect P I L S for a free tee-shirt. What they didn't realise was that if you raised the ring pull by a fraction (without opening the can) you could see the reflection of the letter on the aluminium top of the can. At the time I was working at Epsom racecourse after the Derby meeting had finished. One of my colleagues and I spent a whole day looking through the unopened stock and managed to get enough winning ringpulls to keep us in tee shirts for years. I believe we had about thirty each. They came all at once in the post individually wrapped. I just went down our local pub and gave most of them away

Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

thanks, time for a new thread methinks.