Phoenix 97

The famous fruit-chat quiz!
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Fraid not. It's more Amy's personality/conditions which means she would have an expensive stay. It's also the case wherever you both might go. Her stay will always be a lot more expensive.

Sometimes I don't like doing riddles...I always miss something out and that, as above! :lol:
messiah

Post by messiah »

Captain.Tattybojangles wrote:Fraid not. It's more Amy's personality/conditions which means she would have an expensive stay. It's also the case wherever you both might go. Her stay will always be a lot more expensive.

Sometimes I don't like doing riddles...I always miss something out and that, as above! :lol:
Amy is an animal rather than a human?

(Although the obvious answer would be Amy went to a different website?)
Captain.Tattybojangles

Am afraid they're not right! The websites were all giving same prices, and Amy is a human, a poet in fact.
The real reason is something that could only apply to Amy. If you met someone else who is in the same boat as her, then kudos.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

Shes one half of a conjoined twin :D
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Captain.Tattybojangles

Think prices are for rooms there, and (well I hope!) they sleep comfortably in a single bed. Either way, if she had a double bed, so would you in your room.

The reason is-Amy Lowell was an insomniac. And there was one way she used to guarantee herself a good nights sleep in hotels. That was, to book one room for her to sleep in, and then book the rooms above, below, to the left and to the right of her. So her stay would have cost 5 times more than yours. It's also why you would have slept seperately-but not next to each other! Also I didn't say anything about number of rooms bought.

I hope I didn't say anything to ruin this riddle, as it's not really my forte writing them haha...but it's fact about Amy Lowell so I thought I'd try and make one. Good guesses everyone though!

Sticking with insomnia...Groucho Marx also suffered from it after losing a lot of money in the stockmarket crash of 29. So when he couldn't sleep, what did he do? (I don't know how much of this is method, or just passing the time...but there is something he used to do.)

EDIT: Off for a week's holiday tomorrow so might not feed back on answers. Someone else jump in if they wish :)