cleethorpes

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
itsme

cleethorpes

Post by itsme »

just a quick question for you banditeers out there.

the other day after work,me and the girlfriend took our son to the coast,just for some fish n' chips and for my little one to go on a few rides.

whilst walking round cleethorpes i noticed that most of the arcades only offer 5 quid jp's,why is this ?? why not have more 25 quid top prizes.it also said on the front of the fruitys,any win over 3 quid must be witnessed by a member of staff.whats all that about??

also.... just for a bit of fun,how much do you reckon the arcades make each year from people playing these machines??

thanx for reading !!
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

correct me if im wrong but there is a certain tax levied dependant on the prize available on each machine.

if they set the machines right they can prob take a hefty chunk on these 5 quiders....and when they do get done over the loss is not as steap as a £25er streak.

older machines are cheaper to buy also....
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

£5 JPs like the old Neps treasures and Montys and alot more like theese take £100 and pay say £30, not 100% true but thats what they appear like, I mean 1 spin gives you +1 cash then another spin gives you ? roll even 9 thats odd you LOSE arghh.

IJ3 on £5 now theres a different story, £50 in and I reckon your getting £25 back, well thats if you play it right taking maximum value of every board.

£25 is 18 over, therefore what about all the little kids who put there 5ps in they would not have anything to play and grow up into gamblers
justice For The 96
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

It has always been a British tradition of going to the seaside with the family for the day or on holiday. So having somewhere which is primarily aimed at under 18s is appropriate for the environment. Although i am surprised why they do not have a handful of £25ers there.
spa

Post by spa »

Also, i'm certain it costs more to have a £25 jackpot machine on the arcade floor than a £5er, by quite a bit.

Not too sure so correct me if i'm wrong :)
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

I think, to have a £5 licence it costs £30 from the gaming board and for a £25 licence it costs £250. Then £7,500 on top for a buy and sell sec 27 licence.

That is all i know.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

When a pub or arcade hold £25s, they have to have a license to hold them in their premises. this license is quite expensive and i think is checked anually or every 6 months. The percentage payout generally is correct on £25. (or near enough!)

However, on £5ers, which are basically £25er fruits with a different programme and case, are not checked as frequent or with as much care as the £25 m/cs. There is only a small price to license these fruits and therefore arcades lower the % payout for them to make a huge profit from all the punters! :x

Like coaster said the seaside is aimed to the younger generation e.g. For children and therefore have a large section of £5 fruits, 2p games etc etc and a small section of £25ers!
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Actually i remember (now) going into a local pub and having a look at the licences, i found out they cost roughly £1500 per year per machine. Give or take a couple of hundred.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Nope......£25 AWP licenses are about £740 odd a year. I checked the license in our local arcade, and it was £33k a year for the lot! :shock:

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

£33k....seems alot i spose but when 4 s16 in my little town took £18k in a week its pocket change really :)
serious cash going in and out of these places..
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

A pub near me has paid over £1000 per machine not the £740 you said Mattb