DOND - The Perfect Game

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Nixxy

DOND - The Perfect Game

Post by Nixxy »

Played this for the first time today. Fairly unadventurous clone of Crazy Chair - but the DOND game is pathetic.

Getting the boxes lit generally wasn't a problem, and the board will land on the 'Perfect Game' square often enough, but it raises the box values to silly amounts - so you end up with a load of boxes down the right hand side like £10, £11, £14, £15, £22, £25, £28, £35, Mega Prize. Same goes for the blue boxes which go up in very strange penny amounts - and when it really doesn't wanna give you any more, it simply raises the 1p box to 10p, then to 20p, and so on ...

Clearly the reel isn't large enough to have all those non-standard values on it, so once it has knocked out all the top values at the earliest opportunity (as it always seemed to) you pretty much knew which of the standard values you were likeliest to have in your box. And it was always gonna leave you with £4, as usual.

I can see it being popular with mug punters on the lowest stake when it goes to a £70 JP.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
JG

Post by JG »

So the DOND *IS* rigged this time then? How silly! So a £22 box => £22 not available as £22 not on reel. Unless is it like the old wrong decals situation. It reveals £10 for your £22 win?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

JG wrote:So the DOND *IS* rigged this time then? How silly! So a £22 box => £22 not available as £22 not on reel. Unless is it like the old wrong decals situation. It reveals £10 for your £22 win?
It did cross my mind that the dodgy-decals scenario might be staring me in the face - but the more boards I tried it became apparent that it was deliberate.

Therefore the only purpose those odd-amount boxes served was to get the offer up a bit higher than it might otherwise have been. Eliminate them and you are left with far fewer boxes that could actually be the one behind the mirror.

When it got down to the final two boxes, the non-standard amounts were always already eliminated.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
JG

Post by JG »

Shame, so you'd never have £9 and Mega Streak left then?!? :wink:
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

JG wrote:Shame, so you'd never have £9 and Mega Streak left then?!? :wink:
I wouldn't put anything past ol' Beardie ...
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

all the amounts ARE on the reel, £22 and £28 etc.. Have you noticed how the window to the box is narrower to squeeze all those extra amounts in?!
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

JG wrote:Shame, so you'd never have £9 and Mega Streak left then?!? :wink:
It's called 'Mega Prize' now lol
Shaggerty

Re: DOND - The Perfect Game

Post by Shaggerty »

Nixxy wrote:PAnd it was always gonna leave you with £4, as usual.
While on the subject of the £4 box, has anyone noticed that on EVERY clone of DOND, the £4 boz has signiicant markings/dents/prints?

Maybe it's just me, but at least 10 machines that I know of have problems with the £4 box.

My theory is that it's the break off point between going to the red side of the board.
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Erm, it is. Every DOND has marked £4/£5 boxes as thats where the reel join is. Surely everyone knows this....

JG edit: Not on the lo-tech version though Matt, that is considerably different.
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Mattb wrote:Erm, it is. Every DOND has marked £4/£5 boxes as thats where the reel join is. Surely everyone knows this....
What if theve updated the reels on £70s?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I'd hazard that there'll still be a break somewhere on the reel?

Not that any of us are hoping for a 'quick £70'?... ...Are we? ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
gambogaz1

Post by gambogaz1 »

thecannonball89 wrote:
Mattb wrote:Erm, it is. Every DOND has marked £4/£5 boxes as thats where the reel join is. Surely everyone knows this....
What if theve updated the reels on £70s?
But that would involve someone actually sitting down and thinking up the new amounts. Surely that's too much hardwork for Bellfruit employees :wink:
betchrider wrote:You go upto a bird and grab her quim and say "im gonna knock the fuck outta this" and see what happens
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

sausagefingaz wrote:all the amounts ARE on the reel, £22 and £28 etc.. Have you noticed how the window to the box is narrower to squeeze all those extra amounts in?!
I did notice that the band seemed quite narrow and the font used was smaller - but even if the band HAS got some of the non-standard amounts on it, it's gonna need many more when it goes to the £70 JP. There MUST be non-standard amounts that aren't on there, surely.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

you'd think they'd just LCD the box value, that way there's no way to tell what box it is and you could put any value in the box.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I'd say they went for the reel approach so that you wouldn't think it could 'cheat' with what value had been initially selected. I agree an LCD would make it 'unreadble' but it'd surely be utilised to 'adjust what's in the final box'... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."