Golden Charms - 3 Win Streak Symbols

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Nixxy

Golden Charms - 3 Win Streak Symbols

Post by Nixxy »

Just a quickie ...

I was putting my footy bets on at lunchtime and decided to waste the £3 change I had in my pocket on a few spins of Golden Charms (£1/£500).

1st spin lost; 2nd spin landed three Win Streaks symbols, and I got all excited as I thought it was the equivalent of getting 3 'Pots of Gold' symbols on Rainbow Riches, and that I might be in for a very cheap ton (or maybe more). It paid £22 and then stopped.

Never played GC before, only RR - is a win as low as £22 normal for getting 3 Win Streaks symbols? Or does it just pay lower wins but throw it in more often than RR would throw in the Pots ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
JG

Post by JG »

Nixxy I beleive this was posted before by someone else and a similar thing happened, so apart from your high expectations, par for the course my friend based on a sample size of two.

Alas I got three grails on a Holy Grail in a bookies and got so excited I nearly pooed my pants. I didn't just type that by the way. Anyway it paid £6 when I was expencting bronze, silver or gold. An anomaly after the transition from s16 to B3. Disappointed.

Not bad anyway, £22. Buy a chinky kebab and pop on a robe and crown.
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

seems to give £22, £43 alot...well had it 3 times and hadd £22 twice!
justice For The 96
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Seen between 25 and 90.
Roulette free since December 2011.
ob

Post by ob »

had 125ish before, seen 15 once, not that I advocate playing any 500 random machines :P
uber-pro

Post by uber-pro »

Was thinking the same just the other day - wooo!! £100+ I was thinking, I got £19.

Told a mate, asked him to guess how much it paid - he said £8, so yeah, WINSTREAK on golden charms is mince.

Other story - got 5 blue boxes on £500 JP random deal or no deal, the missus picked box number 4 for a cool £50.

Then it opened the rest of the boxes - 1 = 25, 2 = 200, 3 = 100, 4 = 50, 5 = 150.

Grr!! still, was only £1 in, and I've probably have picked number 1.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Jackpot Party in the bookies.

Got the three balloons bonus round.

£1
Roulette free since December 2011.
ob

Post by ob »

uber-pro wrote:Was thinking the same just the other day - wooo!! £100+ I was thinking, I got £19.

Told a mate, asked him to guess how much it paid - he said £8, so yeah, WINSTREAK on golden charms is mince.

Other story - got 5 blue boxes on £500 JP random deal or no deal, the missus picked box number 4 for a cool £50.

Then it opened the rest of the boxes - 1 = 25, 2 = 200, 3 = 100, 4 = 50, 5 = 150.

It would have been £50 whatever you pressed, its already decided! Same with wells on the irish etc.etc. Also that version is not random as you said, its compensated, but on a 5 reel format.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

ob wrote:
uber-pro wrote:Was thinking the same just the other day - wooo!! £100+ I was thinking, I got £19.

It would have been £50 whatever you pressed, its already decided! Same with wells on the irish etc.etc. Also that version is not random as you said, its compensated, but on a 5 reel format.
Yeah you're right here, its "picked its number out of the hat" so to speak, and chose to display your prize in a certain way. If the programmers were particularly sadistic they could have put 500 in the other 4 boxes and sent a message of; "oooooh! so unlucky!" (and perhaps a bit of laughter) across the screen, in an rather dubious attempt to extract extra cash from the punter.

Because lets face it folks, its all about GR££D.....
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

On my very, very lean playings of anything £500 wise. I've had two 3x'leps' on Rainbow Riches, both times it's given me £30. I've had two 'mini machines' on Reel King once (ding, ding, ding, ding, DING!) and it gave me £75!

I only put a tenner through these and leave if I've had a good day - probably about even overall. Something I wouldn't want to get involved in though. I'm rarely in arcades, but when I have been in, it;s amazing how much people will churn through these things!
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
JG

Post by JG »

Mini machines, lol, never heard them called that before, surely they're the 'Reel Kings'?

That was very lucky to get two mini machines for £75. Two mini machines is usually £35. If that. I had three mini machines once for £55. I've had a fair few single mini machines and they pay £5-£25 in my experience. I've never seen four of five mini machines. It would be nice to see five min machines all spinning like mini machines spin all spinning mini machines. Seeing as this posting has just been reduced to me saying mini machines over and mini machines over and mini machines over and <beatbox> mini machines over and mini machines over <vippavrooop scratchy scratch> and mini machines over and mini machines over <bass drum> and mini machines over and mini machines over <vocals> and mini machines over and mini machines over and over again.

Ding ding ding ding duff.

Blast the old 4 ding heartstopper. All out for the feature now lads, even if it costs a grand for one mini machine. Bloop!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Always good to kick off a new trend / nomenclature addition. ;)

So does the mini-machine releasing 'ding' just occur at random, or is it a certain icon? I've never paid much attention, lol. Just sit listening to the ding. ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]On my very, very lean playings of anything £500 wise. I've had two 3x'leps' on Rainbow Riches, both times it's given me £30. I've had two 'mini machines' on Reel King once (ding, ding, ding, ding, DING!) and it gave me £75!

I only put a tenner through these and leave if I've had a good day - probably about even overall. Something I wouldn't want to get involved in though. I'm rarely in arcades, but when I have been in, it]

I like to follow the £10 limit rule too. Anything you win is a total bonus, and as long as you don't do it too often, it kinda staves off the urge to feed large sums into these moneyeaters.

Thanks for the heads-up re. the Win Streaks symbols btw, fellas.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

I have had between £25 and £60 at max. This feature can supposedly give £500, yer right
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

ive seen 1 2 3 4 and 5 "mini" machines

if you have one and it spins £2 in it does at least £6
they pay a minimum of £6(i think) up to £500

two can be £15 - 50 but sometimes about £60-£70

3 / 4 usually take the piss and give a lot lower than you'd expect.

five is NORMALLY £450 to £500 usually either £475 or £500

as for the rainbow riches lep's, ive had 3 for lowest £8 and highest £200????