Round the Bend

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Oli

Round the Bend

Post by Oli »

This machine is very common round where i live, and is my most favorite out of all the machines i've played. (Except maybe Fright Night :) ). I play it pretty often and have discovered that all the features BEFORE "get a grip" are crap. Get a grip itself isn't too bad, i've had high wins off it before as well as low wins. (By high wins i mean like £8-£12. When i'm out, i have neither the money nor the time to force machines. I also think it would be unsociable to leave my mates to play on a fruity for a ages :) ). Anyway, does anyone know what the features beyond this point are, and if they are any good? Do you have any extra tips for playing this machine? (Except for the keying trick. Thats cool. 8) By the way, does this work on all extream machines or just RTB? ) I've never managed to lite all the heads for "boiling point" and there seems to be a cap at £6 on the cash stack. I've found the only way to get above that amount is via the cashpot from the super spins.

Any advice on this machine would be great. Thanks!
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

the key trick should work all the new extremes unless if they have been chipped!!! :x

umm......... alot of the features are poor before 'get a grip', not worth taking unless u want a quick and small profit.

tom

Post by Guest »

Extremes round here are bloody rubbish,

Most Daunting in a local, span the same three numberless fruits three times in a row (cherry, blue 7, and bell), then when I finally got on the feature, killed literally on the second gamble ( higher than 3, got 1 ). Another thing with Extremes is that they ALWAYS give a LOSE on Mystery or a ROLL EVEN which I have NEVER seen it come up with anything other than 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 or 11. Sick and tired of bloody Extremes now.
[/rant]
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

extremes are stii playable, u just need to know what u can get away with, and not be rash oh hi-lo gambles if ur not intending on forcing.
"plumb crazy" is before get a grip and is £4, so thats quite good imho
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

The 7 stepper feature (most I've seen is £20) is technically before 'get a grip' although you're more likely to land on the arrow for g.a.g. 3 Reel Blasts can also be good for a fiver.
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

toothless......
Do you really think extreme wont have chipped out the keying by now?
Its been months and months of being available on ebay, the most talked about thing on forums and widely available on the net.

It WILL be chipped.

Everyone knows it.

And unless used with a very good knowledge of board set ups, nudges, forcing bonuses.....

its shit.

King.

Post by Guest »

Apparently doing the keying trick on chipped Extremes will just spin in numberless fruits when it should have spun in something else. I know of a possibly unchipped D&N but need to get a refill key to try it out.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Plenty of unchipped Extremes round here.

As long you as steer clear of the bigger pub chains and arcades, you'll find unchipped Extremes.

Megabowl for example, and restaurants like Harvester, Toby Carvery etc, also some of the more Chav-ish bars like RSVP, Edwards, and some independent pubs.

If you go wandering into your local Wetherspoons and expect it to work, think again.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

If my post is read over again, ull see i was referring to the NEW extremes and not those that have been in pubs for ages.

The NEW extremes WILL be chipped against keying.

King.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I have one in my spoons that still works

I wonder how much longer that will last
Oli

Post by Oli »

Yeah the one in my spoon works. Thanks for the info everyone! I will try out these features next time i'm in there. May even go for a force if there is enough money in there. :wink:
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

nixxy wrote:Plenty of unchipped Extremes round here.

As long you as steer clear of the bigger pub chains and arcades, you'll find unchipped Extremes.

Megabowl for example, and restaurants like Harvester, Toby Carvery etc, also some of the more Chav-ish bars like RSVP, Edwards, and some independent pubs.

If you go wandering into your local Wetherspoons and expect it to work, think again.
You say that but I've got 8 in various Spoons and Lloyds that all work and get done by a handful of people everyday since March! :lol: I guess there's a lot of chumps who fill them up in between. I've found chipped ones in a bowling alley and a service station in the last few days. My mate spoke to an engineer for Gamestec a while back, apparently they're not too bothered about chipping them as they're loosing much more from people rodding.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

I dont really see why they would be too bothered

At the end of the day you are only taking the value in the m/c

And cos they are popular they get filled back up pretty quick

Post by Guest »

Are machines not protected against rodding, whatever that is?
Oli

Post by Oli »

Megazone wrote:Are machines not protected against rodding, whatever that is?
Isn't rodding where you shove a rod up the payout tray and when its in the right position you can put £2 coins in and they will fall back out the bottom (and award the credits)? Not really something you can protect against, i would have thought?