Doctors + Nurses, What A Rip!

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Tecky

Doctors + Nurses, What A Rip!

Post by Tecky »

Was playing doctors and nurses and after about £5 in it started backing so I carried on.

After about another £30 in, it gave me Check Up (or something like that). Anyway its the top feature and it can go for a maxium of £100.

Gave me £25, what a joke I thought. I expected at least £50, or is £25 right?
ssgtsnelly

Post by ssgtsnelly »

is normal..no top feature is even guaranteed more than 25
andy

Post by andy »

25 sounds about right lol not very often it will go for 50/75/100. youll be lucky if it does.stay away mate!!
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Yep, so much so that i never go for it now. I always play for the JPR, had far more of these go for £50 than check up. I've had about 20 odd of those, and never had it go for more than £25. It can do £75, but this is extremely rare.

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

tecky why don't u jus use a refill key to make urself a 20 profit instead of trying to force for check up? the majority of the time if the machine isn't chipped then this willl be the easier way to acquire a profit but in a shorter duration!

tom
darcle

Post by darcle »

This is my 1st post so i feel honoured. I used to have Doctors n Nurses in my local and only got check up about 6 or 7 times and only once it went for £50, the rest were all 25s. I now have Round the Bend and Most Daunting and ive noticed that even when they are backing they dont seem to want to give you check up unless you plough alot of money in. If you take the £4/5/6 wins then i find it easier to rack up £40 or £50 after about half that going in purely for the fact that i find it a more enjoyable way to play this machine and all its clones.

Darren
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

darcle wrote:This is my 1st post so i feel honoured. I used to have Doctors n Nurses in my local and only got check up about 6 or 7 times and only once it went for £50, the rest were all 25s. I now have Round the Bend and Most Daunting and ive noticed that even when they are backing they dont seem to want to give you check up unless you plough alot of money in. If you take the £4/5/6 wins then i find it easier to rack up £40 or £50 after about half that going in purely for the fact that i find it a more enjoyable way to play this machine and all its clones.

Darren
Well I gotta say you're playing them very sensibly. So many people think there's only one way - the outright force - but collecting what's there seems a good method on these machines.

The only thing you'd need to take into account would be the height of the cash stack the first time you get onto the feature board, and the rate the cashpot goes up, to determine which method of play to use.

Hats off to Darren for making a sensible first post!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
darcle

Post by darcle »

The cash stacks rarely start above £2.40 and even if they do the machine tends to kill you off after the normal first three spins. As long as the reels are setup to get the bonus straight back then i generally manage to get up 3 times off of £2 and try to at least make it to the £2.40 before collecting, but if i can nudge a win then i will. One thing i have noticed lately is if you get onto the board and have enough nudges to nudge in the £4 then do it immediately as it likes to give you the "+1 cash" then let you on the supeboard and will get the cashpot to say around £5.40+. I must say if you have 1 red nurse bag/bucket and it gives u an 11 bonus to another nurse bag it will 99% of the time give you a no lose or taxi so that you can get the last 1 for the IM.

This comes from playing Doctors n Nurses for 7 months before it left then Round the Bend and now Bucket loads and Most Daunting. My local just seems to love getting these in. :lol:
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

If the cash stack is at £4, force it out. Won't cost more than about £20-£25, with the £25 guaranteed, sometimes £50. Extras are normally there on both too....

Matt
darcle

Post by darcle »

The only time ive had it start at £4 or more is if it has spun it in on the winline. Ive tried forcing it a couple of times when this happens and its cost me £45 before just to get £25 on the top feature then the machine just died on its arse. Thats the reason I tend to just take the small wins and build up my winnings that way and hope that i get IM.

I guess im either doing something wrong when i try to force it or the machine knows its me playing it and it doesnt like me. :lol:
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

You need the £4 to come from either a start or add cash start....its the only real way of telling. A buzzed one will give £4 and even £5 from a normal start. A £4 reel win could just be a red herring really.

Matt
darcle

Post by darcle »

Thats what I thought, so i must of just got lucky when i got that TF then. Mind you it was ages ago. I still think these machines are some of the best around for entertainment value the majority of the time.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

i agree with you darren. i find these machines extremely enjoying. theyare firstly aesthetically pleasing with colour and quality sounds. like matt said, if you are going to force this machine then look for the 4- 5 pound starts, then try and force it.

like i said earlier. if you are struggling to aquire a good profit then try and 'key it' if it hasn't been chipped. pm me if you don't understand or even look at previous threads. or even ask some of the more experienced memebers on these forums.

good luck in the future on extreme machines!!

tom
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

They're good machines for pubs where people are only willing to stake some loose change, but that's about it. They can show good signs but can take £30 or more to go quite often so you're playing in the hope that they streak, which isn't that common. I'm glad the key trick was 'discovered' saves fucking about playing boards that kill you on £15 for about thirty minutes.
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Dynamike wrote:They're good machines for pubs where people are only willing to stake some loose change, but that's about it.
Which I suppose makes an argument for forcing out a top feature, be it 'Bat Out of Hell', 'Check Up' or 'Boiling Point'. If you know there aren't many players in your area, the likelihood is that most people will spend a few quid and either walk away even or a few quid down. If people are merely playing these as pub friendly 'beer money' machines, then the streak pot will surely be building and building ready for a biggy.

They all get forced and keyed round here, as I suspect they do in most cities and suburbs. But if you've got a quiet out-of-the-way Extreme, it might be worth going the extra mile.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy