Doctors + Nurses, What A Rip!

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I saw literally hoardes of people trying to key these variety of machines yesterday. Two have turned up on my usual patch (replacing a SnailBlazer and a Hidden Treasures - two of my BIG earners... :( ). It was absurd - I saw this guy who obviously saw I knew what I was doing - banking up a big old £75 off of a DNA - and he kept talking to himself. Things like -

"Ah, time to key it..."

"Ah, it's chipped!"

and then looking at me every time. I just ignored him. But it's comical how many people are trying this... I knew they were chipped LL extremes so didn't even bother with 'em.

I know they can do a biggy, but as said before, bring back older Extremes - Cashino, that one with the 3 character car theme. Turbo something??

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

nixxy wrote:
Dynamike wrote:They're good machines for pubs where people are only willing to stake some loose change, but that's about it.
Which I suppose makes an argument for forcing out a top feature, be it 'Bat Out of Hell', 'Check Up' or 'Boiling Point'. If you know there aren't many players in your area, the likelihood is that most people will spend a few quid and either walk away even or a few quid down. If people are merely playing these as pub friendly 'beer money' machines, then the streak pot will surely be building and building ready for a biggy.

They all get forced and keyed round here, as I suspect they do in most cities and suburbs. But if you've got a quiet out-of-the-way Extreme, it might be worth going the extra mile.
If only! :lol: I do see what you're saying and agree though.
ob

Post by ob »

agreed matt, cashino and screaming demon were class machines, streaked all the time, and never cost to get... all my cashinos were the program that rarely streaked - ie. the one where it starts on the 2nd zone if happy rather than just giving you a one shot start, although they were ridiculously easy to get the top...

screaming demon was a class machine, p2 the 9 nudge bonus jp thing ,p1's loved to streak for £80 - even in services there'd be over a 50/50 chance of it rolling....

Other alright extremes were the noterunner series, ( although some later ones were poorer ie. 25, jp and the beanstreak/pennies from heaven ) which were rather boring to punt out, but if full it was nearly garenteed £50/75 top, for £35-40 in. Bubble and squeak had a nice big streak in it, and played well until they chipped it, at which point it went crap..

New constant clones of doctors and nurses are ok, but I'd like to see more consistant big tops/streaks if they are to be favorably compared to older ones :)
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

ob wrote:Other alright extremes were the noterunner series, ( although some later ones were poorer ie. 25, jp and the beanstreak/pennies from heaven ) which were rather boring to punt out..
I have a favourite old Maygay Bank Raid in an arcade which I hit every few weeks. It's a clone of a Note Runner. Formed part of what turned out to be a very profitable day today, as for once I timed it right and got the Bank Raid top feature to run for the full hundred. It seems that getting the m/c to give you all 3 gold bars in one go triggers a bigger streak than getting the gold bars one at a time. The bloke next to me who was struggling to get anything from a Bottle Bank was not amused! :)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Deas92

Post by Deas92 »

That arcade sounds familiar! Is there a Jumping Jack Cash next to it also?

I've never had the Bank Raid go for more than a 50.. Usually for about 30-40 in.. It's set on 80% and loves to give you a board nearly every other quid. Really tedious. Not only that the volume is set on max. Ear piercing sound effects..
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

One of my best results ever was a £100 top off of Bank Raid. Was quids in with a mate, but was still the biggest win in one go I had seen before Red turned up!

:)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

deas92 wrote:That arcade sounds familiar! Is there a Jumping Jack Cash next to it also?

I've never had the Bank Raid go for more than a 50.. Usually for about 30-40 in.. It's set on 80% and loves to give you a board nearly every other quid. Really tedious. Not only that the volume is set on max. Ear piercing sound effects..
Hehe, that's the one :)

And yes, the sound is bloody loud. When it gives Extra Life its like the sound of someone running their fingernails down a blackboard - only 5 times louder!

I miss these sorta machines in pubs. Granted - the current lot in your average pub nowadays aren't the worst, but Bank Raid, Note Runner, Wildfire, Super Pool, Jolly Roger and the like - I never minded those. I'd take the old-style Extremes/Globals over the current lot any day.

PS. That JJC next to the Bank Raid is a bugger with the lights half out innit ...
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy