Astra's party time arena £25

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
peter1230

Astra's party time arena £25

Post by peter1230 »

Now before you all moan and groan i know this machine is old and usually one for the granny's but just thought i'd share today's experience on it

Being at a loose end decided to go to wsm today (weston-super-mare) in somerset and have a look to see if anything newish in the 'dire' arcades there.

couldn't see a lot anything goodish so settled for a £10 in each of the 3 positions on the arena

Position 1 2 wins no arena

position 2 3 wins and a £30 arena board

Positon 3 2 wins and a total of £70 from one arena which went back up 3 times????

Decided to press position 1 again for the arena which went up after another £10 in which went for £75 from going back up 4 times!!!

Only ever seen it go back up once before is it rare for 3 extra arena's or 4??????

Ended up £130 up went to walk out and spotted a holey moley tucked away £35 jp took it on got top £35 after not really showing milked another £15 from features to end up the morning £160 up just 1 1/2 hours play just wondered anyone else on here from wsm?? seemed reasonable pickings here today on my usual 2 month outing??
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

not uncommon mate ,especially after a bit of granny action,even the 5 pound ones sometimes fire back up 4 or even more times. you were lucky in western though, lots of sharks there and a few decent pros , i know this coz they travel to my arcade alot in the summer.
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

4 or even more? I think not!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

western? all fiddlers int they?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

4 or even more gospel truth , even one win still counts.have a 5 pound party games arena near me that does 4 occasionly too.
YoungKai

Post by YoungKai »

ok this made me chuckle. was killing time wating for me train playing party time. it cost me a tenner for the win to go up and when it did the screen went black with the message 'voiding feature'. This peeved me as i didn't have enough time to play for another one so i collected my shiny pound and made to leave. one of the attendants calls me back and says "look, i saw that and we can't let you let you leave with nothing". she ran into the back room and emerged with a tenner saying "there you go love, thats a bit fairer isn't it". How kind is that for an arcade i haven't been into for nearly a year :) :)
was half tempted to tell her that the boards go for more than a tenner!?1 :lol
Fuck you Noel.
PMK

Post by PMK »

Surprised she didn't come out with £2!!!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

i had a £5 goldengame after nudge and the top was broke they tried to give me a pound :?
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

I seen a party time go up 6 times In Rhyl!

Only seen it once mind¬
justice For The 96
pierkid

Re: Astra's party time arena £25

Post by pierkid »

peter1230 wrote: just wondered anyone else on here from wsm?? seemed reasonable pickings here today on my usual 2 month outing??
Its not really skill on a PT though is it mate, just luck tbh. Im from there, but dont play anymore, you should have gone up the pier though. All the locals are banned now.

Glad I got a job when I did!

Which arcade was it tho?
stop the swag.
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

thecannonball89 wrote:western? all fiddlers int they?
Its WESTON, and yeah there are a few!
stop the swag.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

weston banned all the locals? the pier got new owners now i heard,see how they like their 1st winter without bread and butter trade ,narrow minded gits,we welcome all locals including chavs , knowledgable players and even the odd blatant shark on a night off from rinsing butlins. we dont even mind you rinsing our machines as long as nothing illegal occurs.we got a good mix of stuff to play ,inc goldengames monopolies,(not on auto nudge wink)and party times ,we even provide cold drinks to quench your hot summer thirst while enjoying your triple and even quadruple repeat boards on our partytime double decker. no keys or tools mind ,all refills are disconnected and cctv is watched constantly.
peter1230

Post by peter1230 »

pierkid wrote:
peter1230 wrote: just wondered anyone else on here from wsm?? seemed reasonable pickings here today on my usual 2 month outing??
Its not really skill on a PT though is it mate, just luck tbh. Im from there, but dont play anymore, you should have gone up the pier though. All the locals are banned now.

Glad I got a job when I did!

Which arcade was it tho?
It was the small one opposite marks and spencers the one with the automatic opening doors got a small 'ciggy' area outside the back for us puffers!!

To be honest i only go there to play and maybe happy to win if not no worries as long as i have got my money's worth have noticed one or 2 people give me the evil looks as I moved from place to place didn't go up the pier didn't have time may well do next time I go

Just off topic slightly off to Newquay for our annual holiday in April would appreciate any pm's again for this year any tales arcades to avoid go in etc machines to look for (nothing serious gambling as with the missus) just looking for a 'value' time in the arcades and a reasonable days play all pm's welcome!! (thanks for last year's pm's did help quite a bit!!)
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

mr lugsy wrote:weston banned all the locals? the pier got new owners now i heard,see how they like their 1st winter without bread and butter trade ,narrow minded gits,we welcome all locals including chavs , knowledgable players and even the odd blatant shark on a night off from rinsing butlins. we dont even mind you rinsing our machines as long as nothing illegal occurs.we got a good mix of stuff to play ,inc goldengames monopolies,(not on auto nudge wink)and party times ,we even provide cold drinks to quench your hot summer thirst while enjoying your triple and even quadruple repeat boards on our partytime double decker. no keys or tools mind ,all refills are disconnected and cctv is watched constantly.
So you own an arcade then?
stop the swag.
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

&quot wrote:
&quot wrote:
peter1230 wrote: just It was the small one opposite marks and spencers!!)
Penny Falls! A total hell hole. :P

Fair play to u tho mate.
stop the swag.