DOND - the dream factory

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I've revised my opinion slightly on this one, as I'll usually have a quick pop on it in the local spoons.

If you have turbo gamble lives and a loss will not take you off of the cash trail, keep gambling until you either run out of lives, then exchange, or you get the top board opened. The turbo gambling often awards a lot of the boxes, and these aren't removed if you lose the gamble (at least they don't appear to be), so, when you get on the board, you often only need 2/3 more to get the DOND feature opened.

Bank it is a handy bonus, as mentioned, and the best thing to bank of course is that DOND game. Watch out when you're in range of that '?' or 'Lose' if you have DOND open, it is often a magnet to one of these squares!

I disagree that the DOND is tight on this one. OK, we've all ended up with a promising board that bombs out to <£3, but taking your £9.79s often yield a repeat.

The best sign on this is if you get the DOND game open, and keep landing on additional boxes that remove low values. I've had it up to just the £15/£20/£35/MS remaining before! :)

Board costs, however, are an issue on this one, and that is one of the major downsides to it... :(
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Disagree with it being tight Matt???? This is ridiculous for tight donfds, rigged to say the least!!!!!!!! Won't offer more than the board value from the DOND.
Unbelievable Jeff
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Now we all know that isn't true croz :P

It is tighter than a ducks arse though. You think once its at take a chance etc you'll get phones, then it opens the top, fills an £8 pot and you still die! Cheers!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

There's certainly one or two other DONDs that are tighter - CC, being one of them! ;)
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

Have not had the pleasure of playing anything newer...YET! Hopefully never as im away for 3 months ina couple of weeks, fuck knows what I am goin to return to :)
Unbelievable Jeff
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

I hate how long it takes for boards as well. 15 quid and you finally get a board!! Lush!
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

What would you guys have done with this?:

I had the dond feature and all the blue side bar the £4 had been knocked out before i collected it.

My last 2 boxes were £35 and MS it offered me £35 i no dealed and i had MS in the box, it went for a flat £35.

My question is do you think i would have had a better chance for a repeat if i had taken the £35 offer?
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Hi,

Nope, you certainly made the best choice. ;)

Has anyone had the £35 repeat on one of these? I've certainly had £18 give or take a few pence repeat a few times.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

I think MS's on Bellfruits are seriously tight these days wether it be a newer DOND or a Jiggy Bank/clone, and its not as if they streak either -every JP/MS feels very random and isolated.

On Monday I had a Jiggy Bank throw in a MS from CoB, it just landed on the all red steak section which gave a flat £35 with no afters. Can't grumble cause I only put £6 in but I expected a bit more than that.
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

I think thats the problem, we all expect more from MS! If we just expected £35 we wont be disappointed, and on the now very rare occasions these rubbish machines go for more we have a pleasant suprise.

Post by Guest »

HornyNick wrote:I think thats the problem, we all expect more from MS! If we just expected £35 we wont be disappointed, and on the now very rare occasions these rubbish machines go for more we have a pleasant suprise.
Agreed, old school bell fruits would just simply not give JP/Streak unless they were ready to roll for 2or3 * JP value - Try it by forcing an old bell fruit on the emulator (will block for hundreds just short).

Nowadays with the DOND type machine mega streaks and jackpots are much more obtainable (in a manner of speaking) so the machine is not going to streak big all the time. Also the more JPs/Streaks that are given out the less the machine will be saving for the big one.
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Not so keen on this machine but i do like how they have extended the feature trail (it's something slightly new for them at least).
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

so are people getting forced streaks from bellfruits nowadays then? not seen many bells that can be forced successfully EVER!

maybe a new profile would do them good, id push one if i thought there was a chance of a repeat and not just a £10 block for the board?
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

u will be praising these soon
i got more routes than loreal
redgamer

Post by redgamer »

agree with kesh u will be praising these soon look at the sighn PLAYERS HEAVEN