Voodoo - Mega Blast?? - Not 100% sure of name!

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
CrosbyRules

Voodoo - Mega Blast?? - Not 100% sure of name!

Post by CrosbyRules »

Went in a random pub last night and this was there...thought i'd try a few quid in it, and it started backing. It had a gamble style ? mark, which went all the way to jackpot(no repeat), also the bonus was the same as the old extremes(dapple, choose a trail, boost, crazy numbers, wild skill, etc) the board was the same as VIU and clones, with a red board in the middle of a yellow board, and it had super shots. Also you had to bring the numbers in to fill up the trail in red, also being able to use the bonus again like VIU and clones. So a bit of a steal a part from every machine lol! Anyway put a tenner in and was going to a fiver, so chased, next board, hit a ? and it went slow, plonked on jacky and i took it, suprised more than anything, a very weird machine. Oh well, paid for ma piss up, after being a tenner up from flash cash :D !
Unbelievable Jeff
Nixxy

Re: Voodoo - Mega Blast?? - Not 100% sure of name!

Post by Nixxy »

crosbyrules wrote:Went in a random pub last night and this was there...thought i'd try a few quid in it, and it started backing. It had a gamble style ? mark, which went all the way to jackpot(no repeat), also the bonus was the same as the old extremes(dapple, choose a trail, boost, crazy numbers, wild skill, etc) the board was the same as VIU and clones, with a red board in the middle of a yellow board, and it had super shots. Also you had to bring the numbers in to fill up the trail in red, also being able to use the bonus again like VIU and clones. So a bit of a steal a part from every machine lol! Anyway put a tenner in and was going to a fiver, so chased, next board, hit a ? and it went slow, plonked on jacky and i took it, suprised more than anything, a very weird machine. Oh well, paid for ma piss up, after being a tenner up from flash cash :D !
I had my first experience of this heap of shite last night too - it's called Coin Blast (I think).

Playing on an 82% m/c, it backed £130-odd quid with only one flat JP before finally giving the 'Mega Blast Streak' for £75. So I settled for a £30 loss as it was taking forever.

Gameplay is SHIT - very similar to Red Dragon and clones. It's housed in a Bellfruit cabinet, so presumably this 'Voodoo' company are a smokescreen for the usual Bellfruits bollocks. It does indeed have a Vamp-style red/yellow feature entry which is nice, but the blocks are all too familiar at £10 and £15 (Monopoly, anyone?) It only ever lands on the useless shots.

The two trails are supposed to be 'normal' and 'super', but in reality it plays Pony Express style by stacking normal cash and features, entering the 'super' trail then stacking red cash and features over the top of the normal stacks you'd already built. So you end up having to spend ages building the same £4 stack twice and still getting a Game Over straight after. The machine perpetually adds nudges until it realises an exchange would land you on a decent square on the super trail, at which point it whizzes you straight to the mystery. And you lose. It's the same way that Red Dragon lets you play around with extra dice spins at the top of the trail, but always lands you on the 'go back' square. And when it finally does let you past, to the last square before the top feature, you die next spin. Same level of boredom and frustration.

I'm gonna walk past these beasts in future and suggest you lot do likewise.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
CrosbyRules

Post by CrosbyRules »

looks like I was bloody lucky, such a bizarre way of giving me the jackpot though, lucky me!!
Unbelievable Jeff
Alpine021

Post by Alpine021 »

Im 90% sure u're talking about Cash Blast.

Do not force it. I tried and got hammered. It just won't have it. but it's a weird machine because when it's up for it it goes mental.

I took Super Blast and it went for £75. I thought i was seeing things but seriously it went for £75.

But then i've had Mega Blast a few times for a flat £25 and then the m/c completely dies.

Good for a quick win or a quick normal blast for around £7-£10 but that's it.
Stopnstep

Post by Stopnstep »

Yeh alpine it is called Cash Blast. What a pile of poo! Played a while ago and offering £7 from off, thought i'd try the force as had time to kill...

Big mistake, took around £140 off me before I got the top streak which went for £75 having only one JP in between. Ended up around £80 down as tried to chase for afters.

The block before the JP is unbelievable, had all pots up to max before JP and must of went a good 15 spins with it offering everything that it could without giving me JP before killing me. Needless to say... haven't played one since!
king_conspiracy

Post by king_conspiracy »

If its anything like Red Dragon, then im not going anywhere near it.

that machine WAS one of the worst machines of all time.

King.
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

I found Cash Blast to be quite bad, although it was on 72% at a service station. It is a clone of Reel Good Time isn't it
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Nope, Reel Good Time is a Global machine. This one is a Voodoo gaming one....seems to be more extreme based than anything else, going by the graphics and features on offer (ie the same)

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Mattb wrote:Nope, Reel Good Time is a Global machine. This one is a Voodoo gaming one....seems to be more extreme based than anything else, going by the graphics and features on offer (ie the same)

Matt
It's almost like a hybrid machine innit - definitely Extreme-style feature and trails, but it was certainly housed in a Bellfruit cabinet.

Either way, it's still a good candidate for the bonfire this year. 8)
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
remy

Post by remy »

Voodoo are part of global. http://www.global-games.co.uk/ but your right it is a shocking mc. More info here http://www.games-media.com/product_guide.pdf
Mmm beer drink of the gods
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

nixxy wrote:
Mattb wrote:Nope, Reel Good Time is a Global machine. This one is a Voodoo gaming one....seems to be more extreme based than anything else, going by the graphics and features on offer (ie the same)

Matt
It's almost like a hybrid machine innit - definitely Extreme-style feature and trails, but it was certainly housed in a Bellfruit cabinet.

Either way, it's still a good candidate for the bonfire this year. 8)
Ahhh the classic bonfire fodder. Nixxy, you've got me thinknig.....go to the general thread for more! :D

Matt
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

I have been thinking of the Cash Factor. Although i did play the cash blast and got £11 out of it with £3. Again 72% 30p play.
remy

Post by remy »

This may seem sad but they got cash blast in the rovers return in coronation street and the start button was flashing, someone on a force getting change lol.
Mmm beer drink of the gods
neil222

Post by neil222 »

even sadder in eastenders they used to have a golden dragon, and they still use the sound fx from it you will hear the trail hold noise every now and then, even though the machine was in there over 2 years ago
fat fat fat i tell you
Jazzman83

Piss easy

Post by Jazzman83 »

You've got this machine all wrong fellas, easily the most profitable machine around at the moment. Play this twice a week in a busy pub and make 30-50 each time.
All I'll say is this......to get the mega blast, the all out force is not the way to do it, this will sting you. There is a way to achieve the Mega Blasts without the all out force. There is something that the machine does like clockwork when it is ready. But if you don't take a certain win, it will cost you another 50-75 to activate the Mega Blasts.
Never ever take a regular jackpot, if it offers jackpot, you can get mega blasts, all extremes are the same. As for the numpty who took the jackpot, he probably threw away at least an extra £25 he would have got from Mega Blasts.
Extremes are the way forward, as long as you can tell when and when not to force they are ridiculously easy money, and this one is the easiest.