vivid - fifty fifty. all messed up

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
bogz2000

vivid - fifty fifty. all messed up

Post by bogz2000 »

Hi all. I'm totally new to this scene. I purchased a vivid fifty fifty machine last night and upon getting it home It has come to my attention that it's been tampered with and is now stuck in free play mode. On pressing start it just adds £5 and continues free play.

In addition to this the coin hopper doesn't turn. And the wiring to dump the hopper is connected to a microswitch that is then connected to another microswitch and the goes nowhere???????? Can anyone help with the wiring diagram for the old machine or can point me in the right direction please.

All help is gratefully appreciated.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the machine is playing in test mode, door switch incorrectly fitted/wired...
This could be masking a mutlitude of problems.

some photo's of the suspect wiring and machine in general would be helpfull.. :)
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

I have tried to upload 5 photos. hopefully this works
main door switch.jpg
main door switch.jpg
main door switch.jpg
main door switch.jpg
main door switch.jpg
Attachments
inside.jpg
machine.jpg
processor.jpg
stake key.jpg
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

hopper dump switch 1.jpg
hopper dump switch 1.jpg
hopper dump switch 1.jpg
hopper dump switch 1.jpg
Attachments
hopper dump switch 2.jpg
hopper top up.jpg
lower door swicth.jpg
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

pic 1: that normal, just a home made stake prize key

pic 2: also normal, think its a spare 12 volt line incase they want to add top boxes etc.

pic 3: cant see much from the photo, power it up with the doors open and then close them, see if the machine resets once both door switches activated.

pic 4: someone has disconnected the hopper top up button, not a huge issue, look for the wires they will be there somewhere.

pic 5: the red and white wires are a +12 line for a note acceptor light, a note acceptor could be fitted in the square bit that comes off underneath. not sure about the other wires, but suspect its unrelated. take the plastic cover off that covers the door switch and look how its wired.

pic 6: looks fine, the red/white wire is for datacapture devices and the orange /blue side tell the machine if the doors open or closed.

pic 7: same as pic 4.

pic 8: this is the hidden engineer switch, you must hold that in while pressing the red test switch on the gamecard ( door open mode) to access test mode.

conclusion: i suspect the door switches are not working properly, could be a loose door not closing the switch properly.
tape the switches up so that the machine thinks the doors are in the closed position and retry...
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

Hi thank you so much for your help.

1)Well, The hopper top up button is now reconnected and working (as in on pressing it the screen comes up "topped-up"

2) Both door switches are wired Blue to the outside and orange on the next pin. (3rd pin empty, 4th pin empty, 5th pin white, 6th pin red), with this being the same on both switch, all is the same. I then removed the blue and orange wires and shorted them with a paper clip to simulate closed door condition and removed the switch from the cct. This i did on both switches and no better results. Still indicates "door"

3) On following the hopper dump routine found on another site on pressing hopper sump switch it tells me to press start to empty but then alarms AL 90-4D again. I have also read that this is a 'fatal' alarm :( little worrying.

4) On trying to use the hidden engineers switch and the test button it alarms and comes up with AL 90 4D - Unused slot.

Thank you again for your help :)
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

on barcrest machines, door closed postion is swtich open, so you should be in door closed mode if you disconnect the switches altogether...

obviously has an error with the switch network. check the switch looms are plugged into the mpu5 properly, ive seen them before plugged in 1 pin out, causes all sorts of problems.

if you remove the gamecard (where the percentage key is on your first picture) it tells you underneath which plug is what, switches are green i think, but check anyway...

besides that i would probably need a look at it to help further..
bogz2000

Post by bogz2000 »

thank you for your help, well it was a long journey but the machine is now fully up and running :) it came down to a short on the door lock microswitch. ive now just bought my second machine, my wife is going nuts lol :D