holmers meltdown

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
duomat

holmers meltdown

Post by duomat »

I may be mad,knowing that epoch tec is crap but i just got a holmers meltdown machine,only 5 mins away from me.Always wanted one but normally too far away.It dont work but has a box of bits inc a mpu with no batt damage.I have put flying leads on to mount a new batt.collect on monday morning.May need help with it,keep you posted.I paid £50 with a full set of spare boards and manual,it also has keys,is that good.
duomat

Post by duomat »

Hi folks,hoping for reply this time,Ive spent tonight working on machine and it now works spot on,But i cant figure how you get into test mode to adjust volume etc.Anyone know,thankyou in advance
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

1: open the doors
2: press the green test button at the same time as the small ( almost invisible hard to find) button on the main board.. :)
duomat

Post by duomat »

Thankyou buzzer,will try that,if i want 10p play 0r 20p play instead of 25p would i need new eproms.I dont think i would alter jackpot as i will need decals for that.So can be altered with dip switches like some other machines.It sounds daft but i can normally fix them just dont know my way round the tests etc
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

there will be a stake and prize key on the stake/prize/coinmech board , if yer lucky it might be a switchable one.. :)
duomat

Post by duomat »

Thanks again buzzer,i will have a look.But what if its not switchable.Your last bit of advise worked a treat so many thanks for that
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

buy a switchable one.

plenty on ebay.. :)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_trksi ... &_from=R40
duomat

Post by duomat »

I was going to do that but thought the machine might alarm with invalid key.Do you think it would let me do 10p play with £25 jackpot.I thought it was fixed as the 2 chips on the mpu have 25p written on them
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

it might, difficult to say with a machine that old.

i suspect that you might get 10p £5 or 25p £25, doubt you will get it on 10p £25

but yes the switchable keys are dependant on the program...

worth a shot though. have you checked to see if yours is switchable?
JG

Post by JG »

I think homers may have a £15 setting as well, I can't remember for sure. 5p/10p/20p/25p/30p on £5/£15/£25 would be my hunch. If you try to select something unsupported you just get an invalid stakes prizes option.
JG
duomat

Post by duomat »

Yes these do have a £15 setting.The lower key on the board does have switches but i have no chart to set it.25p for home use is too much,it needs to be on 10p.If needed i can get a local company to print a new decal for jackpot etc.Im away with work for 2 days but will have a play saturday if i can find what them switches do on the stake key
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

stake and prize:

percentage:

Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Meltdown was £8 compatible too wasn't it? Or was that just the blue simpsons game?
JG

Post by JG »

It probably was actually, just that due to the cat rules at the time you'd sooner see 15 or 25 than 8.
JG
duomat

Post by duomat »

Hi buzzer,i have reset the stake /prize key,i have left the £25 jackpot and put it on 20p play.Im happy with that unless i can get £15 decals then i might try the 10p play.So thanks again for your help and please call in for a cuppa if you are ever near.