DOND The Big One

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
ridye

Post by ridye »

What I like about Reflex is you can try a board, often get Deal, deal the first offer and sometimes have it repeat. It's quick and if it doesn't Deal you'll have lost a few quid tops anyway with no great urge to try a second board.

Monster Money or whatever the fuck it is called has to be THE WORST QPS clone ever. They took Bank Job Gold and made it 10 times worse. 'Next board within 3 games'. I DON'T CARE! 'Next board will open Super Rocket Money'. I DON'T FUCKING CARE! 'If you lose this board the next board will open Rocket Money'. ARGH!!!!! It even has a stupidly long winded animation sequence for the 'Prize Fighter' pay off symbols!

Karate Quid is also dire. I would rather play the Jail Breaks that they seem to be replacing at a rapid rate and that is saying something!
JG

Post by JG »

Don't worry. They won't be around for ever. Even the most brain dead addict must realise it is pure tripe of the tripiest order. The only slight worry is if they replace it with roulette. QPS uuuurgh, alway made blocky boring covers/games, but we're at a new level of utter shite these days.
JG
ob

Post by ob »

They are effectively making 15 jp machines these days, deal games rigged to 15 or under 99% of the time and the inly way to get more is brute force which leads to an almost certain loss.

This way they ensure the deal game is never far off so keeping mugs happy which they assume will be blissfully unaware that getting over 15 quid is not going to happen!

Ps. Ridey: imo reflexes much more often do 8 for 3 than deal, and it very rarely repeats the offer
Cf

Post by Cf »

Monster Money is made even worse due to the fact the offers it makes are an absolute travesty.

I got left with 10p/£8 and £8/£20. I'd put about £12 in so was looking forward to being able to deal for money back. Offer: £6.30. WTF? That's just not right.

I think the problem with the new batch of QPSs is they stick to % and its designed in such a way it never really drifts from it. The older breed (BJ etc) did the same but apart from taking the deal game it was hard for anyone to take any value out. Hence they'd save up a bit and could be worth a force. On the new ones though people can just collect the streak symbols or the cash meter so the end result is the machine is just sticking to its % and not saving anything. Then you try a force and it's really just suicide as there's no saved value and it's gonna cost you £170+ to build up £140 worth of value for it to flash. And then it just does a flat and you're in a world of pain.

Reflexes I consider slightly better as they can at least be worth doing a board. At worst you'll lose a few quid, and at best you'll get a deal game to deal £14ish. It's still a losing proposition mind. But the main issue here is there's no point in doing a second board. As with QPS they've designed a game where it sticks to % and the majority of the time that board is offering what the machine is prepared to pay. The idea of doing more boards is so unappealing as once you're say £40 or so in it's a horrible feeling as there's no chance of a flukey £70 like there is on a BF.

I'm all for being casual friendly, but I don't consider £15 jackpot, 1 move -> hazard -> lose, and a blatantly rigged deal game to be casual friendly anymore than it is player friendly.

I do wonder what sort of money these games make compared to what came before. What I have noticed though is that they generally don't stay sited for very long suggesting they aren't doing all that well. But then that doesn't explain why there's loads of clones of each.
MrRed

Post by MrRed »

The best win I have seen from one, was on a karate quid

A guy got the game for £70, then the reels stayed red, and put him straight back on, and offered him 6 gold strikes, that gave £25

He was a fair bit in though