Remembering back.

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
toothless11

Remembering back.

Post by toothless11 »

Wasn't it so great looking back when you first started playing fruits as a profession. Realising the potential money to be earnt, the responsibility you had and travelling to new areas you have never been before... Those times were so great. It just seems like an everyday job now and the excitement has gone completely...

I remember when I first started playing professionally, about 6-7 years ago when 25s were around. Keying up those extremes, smashing those earlier reds, golden games, hot stuffs and sharks et al.. and having the odd vivid around. Those days I will never forget.. I remember being so happy making a ton in one day now I'm upset if I don't make 2s or 3s... I know 70s are all around so the potential of making better money is there but don't you just miss those days.

I know some people have been in the game much longer than others whilst others have only just joined but that feeling of excitement and the buzz has just seemed to have disapeared!

Let's look back and remember the good ol' days. Where were you and what you played when you first started off. :)
tommya

Post by tommya »

I think the games r boring now the old games were more fun to play. Look at the state of the new barcrest games compared to the old days of space raiders wobblers and sharks instead u just keep hitting start till u get a jp no thought what so ever, least bell fruit have tried a little to move away from there 50 million clones of beat the banker in recent months.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Ur upset if u don't make 2's and 3's a day?

99.9% of people on this board would be more than happy with that!

While quick touches on £70's can make a good day great, it's do much more on top these days.

The difference is that back in the £25 days nearly every hi-tec was playable, now it's about 1 in 10.
kong

Post by kong »

£25 days definitely the most enjoyable.

This was the time when there were a lot more pubs still open for business, and pretty much every one had something you could play. Before the 500 days as well, so you also had a couple of machines in every bookies as well. It would often take a few hours to get through a single town. Compare to today, when there's one playable in town and there might as well be half a coke glued to it.

Gameplay was 10x better as well. Both skill and thought were required, two elements that have all but disappeared now. Remember how satisfying was it to hit the trail shot on Vamp etc knowing the red trail was already on the bonus nudges needed for nearest win?! Spin On It, 3 exchanges to prise in lines off reel blasts then reel em in. Great fun.

I got barred much more back then than have done recently, but blame Vivid for that!

Good times.
skinner

Post by skinner »

I'd love to go back to the 10 and 15 jackpot days,roller coaster,snakes an ladders,big 50,big banker just to name a few,fun games to play with a bit of skill involved,used to go round the bookies an pubs making nice profit,and that was without knowing about 1s an 12s at the time,we grafted to make money,worked out our own tricks,didnt even know "players" existed until we ventured to norwich and met some yarmouth chap,how times change,its so easy for people to get into the game now.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

I agree mate. When 25s were out all the jps off crests were obtained off nearest win or super hold etc. Throw a wobblers were my favourite, I used to love the music when you were using your nudges. :) Also there was loads of clones of crests, sharks, vamps, hot stuff,,hellraiser, supernova, all fired up, space raiders etc. Even gambling up ont feature trail on top gears was more enjoyable than some nowaday fruits
Scott

Post by Scott »

Hitting the trail shot on a vamp from the bonus nudge for the upgrade on Pick a Reel was lovely, missed it a few times too :o ops:
Cobwebs 👆
AMK

Post by AMK »

There's only 1 TAW left on £25 that I know of :( down to just 1 space raiders too lol.
TINYMcFINEY

Post by TINYMcFINEY »

Yes Skinner lots of good 15 jackpot bandits when i use to drive you to norwich. My fave was rollercoaster!
GaryChandler

Re: Remembering back.

Post by GaryChandler »

toothless11 wrote:Wasn't it so great looking back when you first started playing fruits as a profession. Realising the potential money to be earnt, the responsibility you had and travelling to new areas you have never been before... Those times were so great. It just seems like an everyday job now and the excitement has gone completely...

I remember when I first started playing professionally, about 6-7 years ago when 25s were around. Keying up those extremes, smashing those earlier reds, golden games, hot stuffs and sharks et al.. and having the odd vivid around. Those days I will never forget.. I remember being so happy making a ton in one day now I'm upset if I don't make 2s or 3s... I know 70s are all around so the potential of making better money is there but don't you just miss those days.

I know some people have been in the game much longer than others whilst others have only just joined but that feeling of excitement and the buzz has just seemed to have disapeared!

Let's look back and remember the good ol' days. Where were you and what you played when you first started off. :)
Where you playing fruits these days tom?

Post by 6502 »

crist you guys make me feel old !!
I remember I first got into machines it was when cloud 9's, $4.80 sevens heaven, etc, then all the play it again's, pay rise, hi flyer,,,,, doing the lines on em was so much fun, then the plugging came out! I had more tokens than paymaster lol
wasn't what you call pro but was earning more o on machine's than what my current job was paying (only reason I kept job was for mortgage at the time)
btw this is no way me bragging - was well out of it for a few years, and yes the machine didn't seem like a "chore" as now
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

Hey Gary mate. Didn't see you posted on this thread! I'll send you a Pm now mate. :-)