Which fruit manu would you bring back?

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!

Pick your weapon!

Ace
2%
Empire
2%
Extreme
11%
Gaming Media
No votes
Global
2%
Impulse
8%
JPM
47%
Maygay
9%
Mazooma
2%
Red Gaming
11%
Vivid
6%
Voodoo
No votes

Total votes: 53

Mr Move It

Which fruit manu would you bring back?

Post by Mr Move It »

Now that Mazooma's gone online, we're left with Barcrest and Bellfruit as the 2 forerunners, and Electrocoin/Astra as emerging brands in the AWP industry. Completely hypothetical of course - who would you have back? Mods, feel free to add any manus that I've missed :-) I've included Red Gaming, because while they are part of Barcrest and they're still operating, Red don't seem to make their hi/lo-style games any more.

Also related to this topic: When 'Crest acquired Maygay/Vivid etc some 5 years back, the brands barely continued for a year before being snuffed out of existence. So I imagine a lot of redundancies were announced, or do you guys think that they all joined forces to form the modern day 'Crest?

My vote is on Vivid as I thought they had the most original games. For example, Honey Money. Who else have incorporated an interchangeable Blockbusters-style board? Connect 4 - you can play Connect 4 against the machine. Pie Factory 2 that starts with the streak then you play the game - kinda opposite way round to a normal fruitie :-) Then the games based on a pack of cards like the Rat Pack. Again unique to Vivid although admittedly that concept got overdone in the end.
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
AMK

Post by AMK »

I would have thought Barcrest bought out Impulse and Maygay so as to elimate competition. Shame really as both produced some excellent games in the past.
... Join The Party!
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

JPM
tommya

Post by tommya »

def jpm proper fun games and full of skills
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

I just remembered about QPS as a manu. I don't know if they count though because they mainly just re-badged existing fruit machines didn't they?
"I think you're going to go away with a lot of money."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Wouldn't worry too much there mate,they'd have practically zero chance of a vote compared to some of the others.
loopyfruits

Post by loopyfruits »

JPM as most of the software geeks left to join Astra, Vivid..
harry2

Post by harry2 »

JPM, best gameplay, best features and the most aesthetically pleasing tokens.

Liked the old Castle games with the video features also.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Northern Monkey

Re: Which fruit manu would you bring back?

Post by Northern Monkey »

Mr Move It wrote:Now that Mazooma's gone online
Yesterday I played what i think is a relatively new Mazooma- some kind of Monopoly themed beasty - "Spin on it" or something similar. Was similar to Pokerface in some respects but not others. Anyway got the top off reel blasts - everything red - no repeat. Span off credits and it was straight back up to £25 on the cash stack. Long story short, whole lot recycled and a few more offers £70 on cash stack (not red), spin on and lose next spin. Do this twice more over another £30 quid and eventually it lights all the trains for big money which auto collects (cf PF etc where you'd never collect) and goes over (everything that could possibly be red is)- Im thinking good getting out of this sensibly but know it span in an extra £5 on the repeat and that was that. Anyone else seen this one in the wild?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

Yes Harry castle were fun too.

Looks like a walk over in this poll .....as expected.
kong

Re: Which fruit manu would you bring back?

Post by kong »

Northern Monkey wrote:
Mr Move It wrote:Now that Mazooma's gone online
Yesterday I played what i think is a relatively new Mazooma- some kind of Monopoly themed beasty - "Spin on it" or something similar.
Think its called "In a spin," its not fit to clean the boots of an awesome machine like Spin On It!!

Had it locally but it didn't last long, no-one seemed like it. Didn't respond well to a force, despite often showing the £25 stack early on. Difficult to know where you are with the boards, it can do a few crap boards then give all the trains in one go the next. Avoid (until JG figures out the empty and posts it here for us all)
bj

Post by bj »

Has to be JPM, simply the best machines ever but I here they're on the way back with an old classic?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

anyone know of any spin on its out in arcades? >£5 though...
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Spyder wrote:anyone know of any spin on its out in arcades? >£5 though...
Yes
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

^^^^ wouldn't expect anything less from you ,you got working ziggys ,laundries,vipers,key able extremes,p2 dials no doubt, a row or two of reel appeals. Deal wheels ,blue noteys ,several 4 reelers,and maybe 1 or 2 donkey kongs.

.....and then there's all the playables. :lol: