Extremes

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
toothless11

Extremes

Post by toothless11 »

I know the topic of extrmemes have been talked lots on this forum and in some way - too much lol. I was just wondering what the state of play of these fruits are like around people's areas?.... Are they chipped, or are they are being frequently played?

i still have many unchipped ones around but they might as well be chipped as everyone plays them causing continuous boards of 1 pound offerings **BORING :roll:

Are they still a good money earner for any people when on the shant? I feel the time of the extremes are nearly up!!!!! :(
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

they are up, i know of only 1 unchipped around here. thers a couple further afield but barman are awaree of keys and keep an eye out. max profit on a unchipped now seems to be about 20.
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

Only a couple are chipped, had a run of over 10 at one point. Only down to a few now as they're getting taken out of pubs. The state of play is pretty awful, struggling to get £20 now whereas £20 used to be the bare minimum I'd leave a machine with, £40's and £50's were quite easily attainable 3months ago. Too many players in the area and players coming from other areas, fortunately though most have got themselves barred, which helps, but punters have just stopped playing them as much because they go so dirty.
Oli

Post by Oli »

I've noticed a very interesting devolpment near me. All the notechangers on extream machines (mind you, i only have several Round the Bends and 3 Most Dauntings) have been disabled. Yet machines by other manu's in the same pubs have them activated still. Is there something i am missing here? (Gosh there seems to be a lot going on with notechangers at the minute!)
streaky bacon?
rocket

Post by rocket »

oli212 wrote:I've noticed a very interesting devolpment near me. All the notechangers on extream machines (mind you, i only have several Round the Bends and 3 Most Dauntings) have been disabled. Yet machines by other manu's in the same pubs have them activated still. Is there something i am missing here? (Gosh there seems to be a lot going on with notechangers at the minute!)
just where have you been??
Oli

Post by Oli »

Lol i take it its something really widely known then. I only asked because they had all been disabled on wednesday but i had been working on the monday.
streaky bacon?
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

ive been doin really well out ov the chipped 1s lately :lol:

Post by Guest »

Last night I tried to use my new refill key for the first time (I'm new to keying by the way!). Went into the local Spoons, over to Most Daunting (next to Wheel of Wank) to see if the keying trick worked on there. How wrong was I! As soon as the key touched the slot, an ear piercing alarm shot right across the bar, then stopped as I withdrew the key. Fortunately nobody came over to me, but they did give a guy playing Powerball (next to Space Raiders) a strange look as though it were him that keyed a machine. I then banked and collected £14 (from £6 in) and scarpered. I thought keying didn't cause the machine to send out an alarm?
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

You got unlucky there mate - I've never had a machine alarm on me just by keying it. Try it on a Red and you'll be safe.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy

Post by Guest »

Luckily the machine didn't reboot or anything, in fact the machine didn't do anything. All I heard was a piercing alarm coming from somewhere as soon as the key touched the slot (I never put it all the way in), I pulled it back out almost instantly and the alarm stopped. Didn't seem to come from the machine, but near the bar area.

Do most Spoons fruities have keying alarms then?

Speaking of reboots, I had a Dough Selecta (Bellfruit, 10p play / £25 JPT) reboot on me when I got a bonus, gave me Respin, but turned off and rebooted instead. :roll:

Not a good first time experience with this machine, though it did replace Bully For You, which was pants.
Dynamike

Post by Dynamike »

That's really unlucky - never had that happen to me.

Lost a Round the Bend yesterday it got replaced with that Manic Muncher piece of shit.
Dunhamzzz

Post by Dunhamzzz »

dont some places have a blue box behind the bar which tells them the status of each machine? something machine guard related and has a stupid name. perhaps it was that which alarmed... though sounds unlikely.

maybe just an alarmfrom something unrelated happened at exactly the same time lol :)
Oli

Post by Oli »

Yes the pub must have had an MIDAS system. (Machine Income Devolpment and Security). It can be set to ignore refill keys, sound a silent alarm behind the bar, or sound a loud alarm (the one you got :) ). You were really unlucky there, most whetherspoons dont have them. When you go to a place look behind the bar for a small, blue handheld box. This will give you an indication if they have a MIDAS system or not. Also look to see if "MIDAS" or "Gamestec" are printed anywhere on or near the machines or the bar area. I dont if they will be there, but i'm guessing they must show their product name somewhere. (I dont have any places that have MIDAS systems near me :lol :) .

I hope this doesnt mean that Whetherspoons will start getting them. With them being a chain of pubs i imagine they would have a contract with something like MIDAS rather then then the individual pubs getting them if they want one...
streaky bacon?

Post by Guest »

Right, so any of you who have played (or intend to play) in the Coronet in Holloway Road, London, DON'T key Most Daunting...

Now, I hope the White Swan on Highbury Corner doesn't have alarms as there's a Bucket Loads I wanna try the trick on in there....
taps

Post by taps »

i can,t see how you could set an alarm of just by putting your key in,? surely you would have to turn it to trigger the switch.

maybe it was just a coincidense.??? :roll: