Homers Meltdown

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
AGell

Homers Meltdown

Post by AGell »

Hi guys, i am new to the fruit machine scene and was just watching a video on youtube of a lad playing on a maygay 'homers meltdown' machine. Every time he landed on the thing which has 'Fired', 'Pay Day', 'Doh' and 'Hi-Lo Gamble' on it, he always seems to get it to stop on 'Pay Day'.

Any ideas how to do this?

Thanks

Adam
COASTERDESIGNERPRO1

Post by COASTERDESIGNERPRO1 »

Must just be ready to pay out.
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Yeah what he said basically... this machine is way too old to have any sort of bugs on a mystery still in place.
pierkid

Post by pierkid »

matey, way too old to worry about.

did he play the tuppeny nudger after?
Basil Rathbone2

Post by Basil Rathbone2 »

The trick is to pull the lever on the right of the machine using your left hand.
spa

Post by spa »

When it's ready you hold cancel and hold 3. Thought it was common knowledge :? :
theoak

Post by theoak »

when in attract mode, press holds in this order; 1,2,3,2,3,2,3,1,3. and it will freeze the machine and hoper dump

(on a serious note; what was this code actually FOR?)

Post by Guest »

The code was for the old Eastenders (3 symbols on line) and Simpsons with Mo's tavern as the top feature.

Showing my age there. :wink:
theoak

Post by theoak »

huh?!

Post by Guest »

Guess you might be thinking of a different machine??

That code certainly used to lock up those machines but didn't do a hopper dump though. I am talking about 10 yrs ago now though :!:
theoak

Post by theoak »

yeah, obvioulsy the hopper dump was taking the piss hence 'seriously though' being in the brackets. Did it have any purpose other than to lock it up??-Surely it was put tehre for a reason

Post by Guest »

Thought the hopper bit was a joke :) .... if it hadn't i'd have been major gutted.

No. I never found a use for it other than to lock/reset the machine.
I always assumed it was there to make me feel clever after i'd lost in the machine :lol:
Max

Post by Max »

i remember this code, used to work on Wipeout. i thought (or was jokingly told) that it reset the machine, and blanked the last win, so if u just took JP, the JP win would not influence the run of the machine. or something like that. years ago anyway

max
theoak

Post by theoak »

yeah, I'm not suggesting it had ANY use at all for the player other than to annoy/confuse/interest other people watching you do it. But surely from the programmers point of view it WAS there for a reason? Used to do Homer's Meltdown code in under a second at uni, and probably htink I was cool in the process :o ops:
spa

Post by spa »

Alot of the old maygay machines. Pink Panther, Monopoly etc. Do that code, make the hold 2 flash :)