Tsssk discipline....OR aka Is that DOND worth a board?

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
JG

Tsssk discipline....OR aka Is that DOND worth a board?

Post by JG »

Right we keep hearing stories of £1 in this or that DOND for a £20,£30,£40,£50,£70,GATW etc, etc We see the vids on Youtube but let's have some reality.
I've got nothing against people posting their winning stories/vids BUT this is a thread with a difference. The trouble is you don't hear losing stories unless they're really terrible.
So I invite anyone who has posted on this board in the last month about good fortune of any nature on a DOND to post EVERY session on a DOND that they have this next week. When I say session, that includes £7 in a Crazy chair on 25p to see a £2 board. Post it all up.

I'll start the ball rolling with an example.

I walked into a pub and played a machine that Captain Discipline would thoroughly approve of....I put in £12 for £70. However it was FAF ("fire as fuck") and to calm things down a bit I tried the KUDOS box, but I accidentally played OB's Big Reds and won £3.67....ULTRA FAF...blast.....I put in £1 and won £3 plus credit.....it was getting really firey now....really FAF....then I played Bully's skill darts and won £1.....shit.....this was beyond a joke......they were already filing for bankruptcy as the FAF rating went astronomical,,,I could almost pick up the words "You're barred!" via ESP.
So I had to play one of the most shite unplayable pieces of shite on the planet....a Deal or no Deal. It was a BIG DEAL.
I thought I might win as some old boy had done his shrapnel in it and I guessed it might be worth a cheeky board.
I put in £6 to get a board and it was blatently blocked at £3, the ultra boring gameplay telling me at every opportunity that I hadn't got a phones board by dropping subtle clues such as "Cash or bust will be 10p"......banker's message "Cash or bust is now 1p".......I was tempted to gamble the 11 to be told that "Cash or bust is now bust" but I realised that for that priviledge, I'd see a 12. So I ploughed on and it said "Cash or bust is now paying -ve interest plus there is a £1/day charge for your overdraft...please insert £1.32 to continue"...it was like banking with the Halifax......after pressing hold one for some glorious red cash additions that meant I had the option of collecting red 50p instead of £3 I landed on a [?] and decided to take my £3. Such excitement, but was I £4 away from phones or £154? Either way I wasn't paying to find out given as the phone game is rigged.

So £6 in for £3 out.

I walked out to the jeers of Captain Discipline in my head and the feeling that despite being £58-drink up, I wasn't going to be particularly welcome in future.

You may post about any DOND although obviously I don't want to hear that you found an unchipped Power 5 and made £250 on it....that's not the essence of the thread. If you put £1 in a PERFECT GAME and get a GATW for £210....post it up, similarly, get stuck into a red boxing CC or a full up LPDOND not that far off phones and end up chasing the £70 and losing £220 for the priviledge.....post it up.

Cheers,

JG (JG is part of the Channel JG group)

JG edit: any DOND variant such as Popeye, Family Guy, Monops is included....MUST be a DOND game on there somewhere though.
JG
mooster

Post by mooster »

Red boxing... when you start yelling "Oh come on, one more hold"... then you get a mental high as it holds... a few presses on the board - oh shit "?"... phew, Extra Life... keep going... oooh cash stack at £10.... keep going.... "?".... Game Over... phew extra life, I'll play the phones now. Come on Mega Streak... oh shit it's gone, and there goes the £40... and the £70.... oh at least the £20... oh that's gone too. 1p in the box. I'm going home...
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Having not been playing Deal or no Deal too much, I still have some boards to report. I will see how lengthly I can make my encounter with the Big Deal, considering there is not a lot to say.
I put my pound in, then that turned into 2, then 3, then before I knew it, I was 5 pounds in!

However, some holds came in my favour and I got on the board! Huzzah! Taking my first spin, it's a Phone! The lights flickered for what seemed an eternity utnil I delivered the final blow and hit START. It was green. Something twigged that perhaps meant I had no say in what colour it was after all. I now had 1 green phone out of 3, I needed 2 more. I needed 3 more blue phones and 3 more red phones.

The tension was mounting more than Martin Adams on Bullseye if the presenter said "If you hit this, we'll kill Bully." I reached down for the fabled Start button again. The number reel spun, the lights snaked round the board. So many opportunities await! Alas, it was a mystery. What would come of the feature!

I paid no attention to the bottom feature I had as the chances of life and death flickered across the alphanumeric display. About to press Start for what could have been the final time, I pondered about the fate of this.
"Perhaps" I thought, "If the selection of these so called Streak Phones does not work for me, then maybe the combination of dark and light blue dots on this display will also be plotting evil against me and my sidekick, Wall E(t)"

In a decisive U turn, I let my poised hand rest for a moment, then launched it up upon the lone button to the right of the display. I really had hoped that the machine had not forseen this dramatic twist of events. For many people, it would have been the big red button that was entitled "DO NOT PRESS" as the consequences would excite the most comatose of old folks. To me however, it simply said "CASH OR BUST"

The time had come. The button had been pressed. As the lights darted about the feature, I hoped in my mind that I had beaten Noel and his army of box-openers and teacups. It was not to be. After a few seconds of heart stopping drama, my fate was decided. Bust. I hung my head in shame, played off my last credits, and walked away. Knowing this would not be the end of the battle.

On reflection of this horror I had lived through, I know that the machine could have done me better. However I know I could have done myself better more than anything. By observing the bottom feature, engraved on the blue background was the single word, MYSTERY. If only I had been more eagle oriented when playing this machine, I might have had the single Hazard-Beating device. Lessons have been learned, plans have been made. You have to move on and accept defeat, as you have lost the battle but not given up the war!

Tune in next time, where I get a DOND board and the amount of words will say FUCK YOU! to the dictionary!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

quality post cap'n tatty :D
JG

Post by JG »

That entertained me. It humbles me sufficiently that the greatest way I can think of to say thankyou, is to place a few brightly coloured things in a row.

:o ops: :h: :d: :d: :shock: :o BLOOP! :wink: :s: :o ops:

Let the fun and games continue.
JG
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

I saw a mate lose £120 in a crazy chair not so long back at mildenhall stadium.

He never even got offered a win over 20 quid for ages and it was obvious it was dead right from the start but he just wouldn't give up, he had a few half decent boards where it seemed like there was some life coming to it but it just kept killing him on the ?, i think he had a COB for some feature (forgot what it was) that gave him 25 and thats about it, plus he collected a couple of tenners along the way, plus endless phone games for crap money, total crap, apart from the 1st game he got after about a tenner in.

He was left with £70 or £4, and i could tell it was 4 quid in the box, (reel markings, im shite at looking so the £4/£5 one is the only one i can tell lol) and i was telling him to deal at the offer (£41 odd i think it was), but he was busy telling me that no, he was feeling lucky and it was gonna be there, no deal, box holds £4, if only he would have listened, i wasnt trying to be smug, he's a good mate, and banger racing team mate too, so i was only trying to help him.

They had a different non DOND fruit in there before, and he had no clue about DONDs at all, i had to tell him to press cash or bust when he landed on a ? as he didnt realise and kept pressing start for game over all the time, plus he didnt know that when it lands on spin you hold the reels down if there are boxes in view, and just to top it off, when i told him to hold down cancel when it landed on taxi, he said 'no, i dont want to cancel it' so i just leaned round and held it down anyway, the look on his face when it went slow was priceless!

So yeah, he did his nuts in it pretty much, note after note, £120 in for about 60 out that he put back in anyway, plus he got all funny when i offered to key it for him when he first got on it, so i keyed it after he went skint, and... * PND 312, fucked.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
shadmun

Post by shadmun »

[quote="&quot"]note after note, i keyed it after he went skint, and... * PND 312, fucked [quote="&quot"]
Not trying to pick at your post here but that made no sense to me whatsoever .
shadmun

Post by shadmun »

I put $14 into a dial today for $70 does that count?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

....o
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

clarkey1984 wrote:note after note, i keyed it after he went skint, and... * PND 312, fucked
shadmun wrote: Not trying to pick at your post here but that made no sense to me whatsoever .
Yeah, i got the exact wording if what it shows wrong lol.

When you use a key it flashes up on the display REFILL COINS, then it changes to REFILL 1PD * XX (XX being how many coins it needs to be full) and it said 312 in this case, which means it only had 38 coins left in it, so it was well fooked.

Luckily he had only been collecting little bits at a time and putting it back in coz if it had of given him a JP it would have run out of coins.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

How did he put notes in then?
Scott

Post by Scott »

I thought that but thought it was just sooo obvious and i'd overlooked something :?
Cobwebs 👆
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

Yeah that confused me at the time after i keyed it, notey should have gone off, but it didnt, dunno why.

:?
JG

Post by JG »

There are DIP settings that notey stays on all the time, a lot of Galas use this setting, so with £2 in the hopper, it'll happily take a £20 note.
Standard is lights out at the 1'er or less.
JG
DJJamesMtn

Post by DJJamesMtn »

Nothing interesting. Fed a Big Deal about £35, kept CoBbing a bust, then suddenly did a GATW with about £5 to go.

No Dealt down to the MS and it was flat £70.