BREAK THE BANK

Global, JPM, Vivid, Bell-Fruit, Extreme, Mazooma, Impulse - All go here!
mashman

Post by mashman »

It regularly takes more money than any other machine in my pub...we have 6 machines aswell. Its disgusting how much it makes...
A fool and his money are easily parted
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

Surely a Big Reds makes more? They cost £10+ per board.
All the Break the banks I've played, they are much more cheap.
Shaggerty

Post by Shaggerty »

mashman wrote:I tell no lie....I saw a punter in my pub put £1 in, got a board....GATW.....he then decided to play the middle baord instead of going for the MS boxes....he actually had MS in his box in the end, it went for £105. Next baord cost £3, GATW...went for £70. Next 2 baords cost £10, both completely dead.

No wonder these are dead 96% of the time.
Surely he was gonna get a MS regardless of what he did?
Scott

Post by Scott »

mashman wrote:I tell no lie....I saw a punter in my pub put £1 in, got a board....GATW.....he then decided to play the middle baord instead of going for the MS boxes....he actually had MS in his box in the end, it went for £105. Next baord cost £3, GATW...went for £70. Next 2 baords cost £10, both completely dead.

No wonder these are dead 96% of the time.

£105 followed by a £70? did'nt think they were capable? saying that i had £140 all off the same board on a Bucks Bunny so you can never tell.
Cobwebs 👆
JG

Post by JG »

Yep, that's an eye opener. Bucks is a different kettle of fish, I never could work out exactly how the pots worked. I think it was slow save for the big flash. Then a pot for paying repeats on stolen jackpots and also same pot for Super Skill Stop off bonus, then your main pot.

As for BFGs, well when Cops 'n Robbers [Safecracker] was in an arcade near me next to a Shark Card, I saw one puntling pop in a £20 and get "'es doin' very well" [echoey] [G0 A11 TH3 W8Y]. Uuuft I thought. Hope he gets £25 and leaves it. Alas no, it was a straight £125 from repeats. Sure this could do £150 as well. Usual fayre was £75. On rock %s was a mere £50 usually, probably always.

For the newer wave, well your £25 4 reelers, £65ish+£33, just shy of a £100 from the double flash, never saw more.

£35s? Well had the old £65+£35 on a freshly updated p2 wiyb in LFE, before they were all getting mega ripped. I mean getting a flash on the new wave I feel I've done well to get £70. P5 flash to me is £35 or £70, that's it. I'm sure someone on here laid claim to a P5 that kept flashing from full on 250 until practically empty. Last flash I had was on a DDOND for £35 flat + next credit nudge in melons for £45, then dead.

Mind you I've never played DBtBank and not heard any feedback on it at all (other than what's on here), so it's an unknown quantity to me. If it was in a pub with a decent machine, then I'd have probably had a look by now, but it isn't, so I haven't.

Freakish result though, £175?!? Must have missed a cyclic flash along the way to do that one. Mind you these new flashes aren't entirely cyclic are they? Even the old school like Cops 'n R that I mention would flash faster if played a certain way.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

not everyone on here will remember barcrest £15 up n over ,,,,,,,,, great reverse number trick (delete if still sensitive LOL) , ,,,,,,,,, anyhow a m8 told me he once had 6 repeats on the jp ,,,,,,,,,, i didn't believe him at the time ,,,,,,,, then a few weeks later ,,,,,, i killed one stone dead with the trick ,,,,,,,,,, the last jp cost around 25 ,,,, twas time to leave it about 60 up ,,,,, then it repeated infinite ,,,,,, it just wouldn't stop ,,,,,, had to switch it off ,

it was ultra ultra ultra rare
Little discipline = BIG issue

JG

Post by JG »

Six repeats on a £15 jackpot is a £105 top. Nothing new about £105 tops then.
Up 'n Over was more like addict day era for me. I remember getting right royally done over on a few of these 'horrible machines'. I learned of the trick quite a bit later. I think Smedley of the CMA put it in his 'club machine players' pack as well as an added bonus.
Up 'n Over was of a similar ilk to Cash Attack gameplay wise.
I wonder if it's emulated? Would be good to play again.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Only ever seen the one up n over, it was in the Thomas Cook on the mad mile, can't say i was familiar with the trick though.
Cobwebs 👆
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

Up'n'Over was a rare example of a machine that was quite entertaining whether you played it 'honestly' or via the rip.

Some unique bonuses too ... 'Elevator', 'Row Skill' et al ... and getting all the note symbols lit for the top feature was a nice twist - as Barcrest didn't really have many variations on simply climbing out the cash stack.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

G0 A11 TH3 W8Y
Now THAT is a number plate that'd go for a few quid! ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
MATT99

Post by MATT99 »

trayhop123 wrote:not everyone on here will remember barcrest £15 up n over ,,,,,,,,, great reverse number trick (delete if still sensitive LOL) , ,,,,,,,,, anyhow a m8 told me he once had 6 repeats on the jp ,,,,,,,,,, i didn't believe him at the time ,,,,,,,, then a few weeks later ,,,,,, i killed one stone dead with the trick ,,,,,,,,,, the last jp cost around 25 ,,,, twas time to leave it about 60 up ,,,,, then it repeated infinite ,,,,,, it just wouldn't stop ,,,,,, had to switch it off ,

it was ultra ultra ultra rare
yes youre right mate. my mate had jp 7 repeats b4
Mattb

Post by Mattb »

Great times.....i had a Viper Jive that did 7 flashes in a row and emptied, attendant turned the machine off and didn't refill so i don't know what it was going for!
"Sixty percent of the time, it works, every time!"
Triton

Post by Triton »

Hey all, whats the situation with the Break The Bank DOND is there something on this as one in my local was £3 IOU'd on a £70 JP i thought it was the BIG DEAL one but it is a Break The Bank.

How much do these hold in the hoppers?

I didn't ever think it would be possible to empty a £70 JP :? :
Whatever happened to the good old days!!
autonudge

Post by autonudge »

played this last night, managed to get £70 in random wins and a COB for £40 then for 3 phones and had £70 in my box.

Nice win but wont be playing it again
rook1984

Post by rook1984 »

had a GATW the other day for £210, then next board had £4 (which is dented on the top) and £70 left and it offered £33 something so took it.