This is weird?

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
mjd

This is weird?

Post by mjd »

17:00 Brighton today theres a horse called Itsher. It ran (and won) yesterday!

Never seen this before?
boom
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i have ,but it is unusual for a previous days runner to run again,what usually happens is that it is entered for both races as the stable are undecided which to go for until the last minute,you see this thing more often at big meets like ascot ,aintree,cheltenham etc.

**edit** if it was pushed along off the bridle and whipped the shit out of to win by a nose ,i would'nt bother backing it :lol: ,to be fair even if it was eased down and won by 10 lengths i reckon it may need a rest.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Remember a horse called Ballindolloch winning three times in three days.
Roulette free since December 2011.
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

:shock:
keno

Post by keno »

Yep very rare but it does happen.

Strike while the irons hot!
mjd

Post by mjd »

aye... It won anyway at 4-7
boom
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

Red Rosana won yesterday after running the day before, happens quiet often if trainer feels horse hasn't really had a race or is in rude health so its best to get the most out of them because you can wait months even years for a horse to be motivated again so why wait another 3 or 4 weeks looking for a race when horse might be at home going back to his old self.
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

It may get the bollocks raced out of it before the handicapper catches up with it (I haven't the race it was in btw, therefore I could be very wrong).

Jonny Ebeneezer was in this position a few years back, went abroad then came back and won f-all afterwards!!
Jackrack

Post by Jackrack »

sorry for my ignorance :P i don't get it? cheers :D
red22

Post by red22 »

its obvious jack mate .. cabbages attract fruitflies but lemons do not, asda has special offers on new potatoes and cockaleeky soup doesnt contain cock... similar to the gulf war conflict which reflects the pythagorus theory equally to a coach holiday to skegness.

hope that clears it up.
Jackrack

Post by Jackrack »

90% of people's posts on these forum's when someone asks a simple question someone replies with a sarcastic comment.. WHY?
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Horses generally need rest between races. They race, have a few days off, then lightly trained, then a few strong gallops, a couple of pieces of short work, then back to the racecourse. They are generally trained to peak on race days, but are just fleah and bones after all. That's why they are inconsistent and the reason people follow racing. A human analogy would be a footballer playing two consecutive days.
Roulette free since December 2011.