Football

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!

Is it agood idea to get involved in the football betting industry

Yes
31%
No
6%
Yes if you have followed football for a long time, otherwise no.
63%

Total votes: 16

ajtoulson

Football

Post by ajtoulson »

Do people make alot of money from footbal bets if they know what there doing?
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

ido alright from footi but only because i ama football nut and know loads aboutmost of the teams i bet on .......
random stop

Post by random stop »

i know a lad who puts a £100 treble on every week .

3 teams around the 1/2 mark.

wins a lot, lot more than he loses.

3 teams at 1/2 works out at just about 5/2 your stake.
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

there a guy that goes into mybookies that put £50 on porto to beat inter at 3/1 and £50 on rangers to draw with bratislava and a £50double he will be a happy chappy today eh

max win £1200 not bad for a £150 bet
Drpepper

Post by Drpepper »

Usually have an accumulator, won the first couple of weeks, my luck's out nowadays though :(
J_C1987

Post by J_C1987 »

join the club, same here :cry:
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Mate of mine goes over the top. Tends to do 13-14 folds, £10 bet, usually pays around £15000-£20000. Surprisingly he's never won! :lol: He also knows very little about football. Still, better than playing the lottery
random stop

Post by random stop »

see for me thats where the almost impossible bets lie. 13 or 14 teams ion a bet is madness . i'll never go above maybe 5 or 6 , i know it has happened before where someone has had a bet up like that but its very very rare. like my other post said, 3 teams at slight odds on can still make you a decent profit. even 2 teams around the evens mark will pay around 3/1.
Damo

Post by Damo »

if u dont follow foot ball and no how they are lool dont beet on footbal
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

Damo

Are you illiterate or on medication ?

I have never met someone whose spelling is so appalling.

Several people bet on football and make money (see below)

If you are betting on an evenly contested game the bookies are going to go 6/4 home 9/4 draw and 6/4 away creating a 110% book. Bet with an exchange and you will be getting closer to 7/4, 11/4 and 7/4. Keeping statistics over several thousand games and several seasons can give you an edge. Also team news before the off. Tonight I had one bet. Reading at full strength against Sheffield United. Neil Warnock already told fans not to bother travelling, another hint, playing several second string players.

Anyone that bets in the bookmakers has no chance of winning long term. They employ experts whose full time job is to compile odds. They VERY rarely get it wrong enough to make anything decent, perhaps 1 in 100 games.

Take one match tomorrow, say Man Utd Vs Barnet

Ladbrokes go:

Man United 1/10 Draw 6/1 Barnet 14/1

Have a bet with Betfair (commission on winnings of 3-5%)

Man United 1/6 Draw 17/2 Barnet 23/1.

Still want to try and beat the bookies.
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

FAO Random Stop.

A 1/2 football bet would suggest true odds of around 4/7. Your friends bet would win about approximately 26 times in 100.

100 bets at £100.

Stake £10,000

Return 26 x 33.75 = £8775.

Loss = £1225.

ps I'm sure you could work this out for yourself.
JustAnotherClone

Post by JustAnotherClone »

The odds are not guaranteed though are they in the way say roulette is. I think theres a few football pros out there who do win more money than they lose but luckily for the bookies 99.9% are not!
evermore2000

Post by evermore2000 »

Your right there. Its different with football. I bet (no pun intended) that a true footy fan for a particular team would have more knowledge of his team than the bookies.

Bearing in mind that the better shouldnt let his passion get in the way of his betting as that can sometime happen.

I think if you know your football, players, team tactics and styles then you can definetley make a profit even on the bookies odds
nudgesuk

Post by nudgesuk »

the odds on a football coupon never change ...alsoif youlookat say the 2 from each section list you will see it says "minimum odds of say 345/1" so thats just the minimum you could win off a quid but then again the sections lists are near impossible to get thats why i stick with an accy
random stop

Post by random stop »

harry ,

whats your reasoning behind saying that my mates bet would win 26 times out of 100. just curious as to your maths mate