Derren Brown : The System

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Dunhamzzz

Derren Brown : The System

Post by Dunhamzzz »

Did anybody watch this on TV tonight??

Very very clever stuff, whereas usually Im very "yeah yeah whatever" to the things he does, I was genuinely impressed with what actually happened and how complex it was!

I'll explain for those who didn't....

A survey of a large number are people are divided into 6 groups, they are each given a horse to bet on in a 6 horse race,

Out of those who lose, they refund all bets placed etc. But out of those who win, they are split up further more into another 6 groups, and each group ofppl are given another horse to be on in a 6 horse race...

Get it yet?
The winners of this rave are then split up furthermore... until he ends up with 6 people and 1 race. After this race, this women thinks there is a system which has allowed here to win about 6 times in a row!

This is where filming begins (initially with the person who actually won, but then it shows they did film all particular outcomes).

At this pointhe basically got this not-very-well-off women to borrow money from family and even get a loan, all in all amounting to £4k, he places the bet himself then as soon as he does it , tells her the whole system!

Her horse does actually lose this time, but in good spirit, he did apparently place the "winning" bet and she walked with £13k.

Interesting Stuff!
Martal~Wombat.

Post by Martal~Wombat. »

Yeah fascinating yet not a winning system that we all expected
at least he told us how he did it, just feel sorry
4 all the other hundreds of people that lost their money
and i bet he put 4k on every horse in the last race 2 cover himself
5 horse race X 4grand = 20 k to promote himself?
One day you're the pigeons.....
...the next day you're the statues!!
shadmun

Post by shadmun »

Did u see the shit he done ages ago with the winning ticket lol claiming losing tickets
mjd

Post by mjd »

biggest farcical load of shite ive ever seen.......And for those who think FOBTs are random, it took them an ENTIRE DAY to get 10 50/50s landing in a row..... Fobts it takes about...........well erm, But Fobts hit 36-1s shitload of times in a row, all randomly!! WOW!
boom
itsme

Post by itsme »

I thought it was interseting and really clever but.....pretty useless unless you have several thousand mate's to try and do it with.

I'll just stick to my lucky 15's.
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
ma71lda

Post by ma71lda »

Can't beat the good old Lucky 15, great value bet. :)

On Thursday, I had 3 winners ( 6/4, 4/1 and 3/1) and a 2nd (3/1), it was only a 20p stake but the return pays for this weekends footy bets. 8)
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

A lucky 15 is not a value bet, it's a bet for pensioners to throw away £1.50 each day, when they could've spent it down at their local on another whisky.

The only 'value' bet is the Single.
itsme

Post by itsme »

A lucky 15 is not a value bet, it's a bet for pensioners to throw away £1.50 each day, when they could've spent it down at their local on another whisky.

Why not then ??????????? :shock:

I sometime's have a 5 quid win lucky 15, 75quid.

I've had a few bet's with 3 winner's on and trust me, they are of value when you collect a few hundred quid.
life is like a big shit sandwich - every day we take a bigger bite
stuart4010

Post by stuart4010 »

It's a mugs bet - I'm fairly certain you won't find many professional gamblers writing out a Lucky 15 in the magic sign every week.

If you're racing, and you're serious about it, it's a single every time.
ob

Post by ob »

stuart4010 wrote:It's a mugs bet - I'm fairly certain you won't find many professional gamblers writing out a Lucky 15 in the magic sign every week.

If you're racing, and you're serious about it, it's a single every time.
you are right, but for the odd quid I can see the appeal, basically its a real long shot punt at less than optimal odds, but its a laugh... (btw I dont do it lol)
Scott

Post by Scott »

just watched this repeated on E4 last nite, i understand the pyramid bit, but the thing were they all chose a random photo and they all had the same initials as the person who chose them i could'nt get my head round, then when it had the odds of it happening [over 2billion too one] on the back of the photo i could not believe what i was seeing, did he explain how this was done??? did i miss that bit or what??
Cobwebs 👆
betchrider

Post by betchrider »

you might just pick somebody with the same initials without thinking about it
shadmun

Post by shadmun »

Iv seen him live its all about the subliminals
INVINCIBLE

Post by INVINCIBLE »

shadmun wrote:Did u see the shit he done ages ago with the winning ticket lol claiming losing tickets
yeah m8 was mad instant hypnosis, wish i could do that to some dizzy bird in the bookies...

this is the winning ticket... (straight out the bin) HAHAHA
TRAPPED!
harry 3

Post by harry 3 »

itsme wrote:

Why not then ??????????? :shock:

I sometime's have a 5 quid win lucky 15, 75quid.

I've had a few bet's with 3 winner's on and trust me, they are of value when you collect a few hundred quid.
One loser and eight of the fifteen bets are down.
Come on you Royals