Aintree Tipster Competition

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

Aintree Tipster Competition

Post by Ruler of The World »

Since I run these things so well, I've decided to take the initiative and kick off here.

The Harry scoring system doesn't work, Chris came up with a new scoring system which I think is brilliant but he won't be participating as he's in USA on holiday.

So here is how this one goes. 3 day meeting, £6000 starting money for the entire meeting, you can stake all £6000 in 1 day if you like, but you get your returns back to use for the next day too. Maximum stake in 1 race is £2000. The winner is obviously the person with the most money at the end. Singles only, win only and settled at SP.

Just for the sake of it we will also keep count of how many winners everyone gets - but only winners and the official winner will be the person who has the most money at the end of the meeting - to me this proves beyond all doubt who the champion tipster for a meeting would be; the one who won the most money.

If no one joins in, I'm champion! :)
Ruler of The World

Oh and winnings are only available the next day. If you're skint after day 1, tough!

You do NOT have to bet on every race but you must enter a selection for each race for the winner count at the end.
Ruler of The World

Actually, Chris got back yesterday!
Perhaps we could call this version the Champion Gambler Competition and have the traditional Harry variant too.
But here are the differences...
Champion Gambler contest means you don't have to bet in every race, don't have to have a bet on an entire day if you fancy nothing, you could miss the 1st 2 days and still bet £6000 on the last - but you have to be a registered participant first.

We need input from Harry about this!