Cheltenham Tipster Competition Final Scores & Analysis

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Ruler of The World

Cheltenham Tipster Competition Final Scores & Analysis

Post by Ruler of The World »

FINAL SCORES

1 Keno 115
Disputed lead from off, led, headed briefly under pressure, travelled smoothly towards finish until drew clear last, impressive.
2 Northern Monkey 87
In touch, took up running, blundered badly towards finish, one pace, did not stay trip, no chance with winner.
3 Chris 79
Reluctant and blundered badly at start, pulled too hard, headway towards end but never able to recover.
4 Ruler of The World 73
Disputed lead, lost position, jumped inconsistently, some headway but never able to mount serious challenge.
5 Harry 44
Never travelling, not interested in racing first half of race, minor effort towards end but never a factor.
6 Marcossvon - nice try, 3 selections in the gold cup! Disqualified!!! Please understand, you can't back 3 horses in 1 race so no score is possible! You are welcome to compete again, provided you have ONE selection per race, sir!
Outpaced throughout, never showed considerable promise, ran in snatches until pulled up when took wrong course.

Final Analysis
Keno showed great form and was a clear cut winner, always appeared confident and doubtlessly deserved the victory and manner of it. The disappointing Ruler of The World showed the odd glimpse of talent but seemed to be taking risks with his jumps which were not as solid as had been in the past. Northern Monkey appeared to have an overconfident jockey towards the end who expected to win on the bridle but found nothing when push came to shove and narrowly held on from the closing in 3rd, Master of Games who had an awful start and never really recovered. Harry was very disappointing and appeared not to want to race at some points, as did the dreadful Marcossvon who ended up trying to finish the race on the hurdles course!
A worthy winner, should make a bold bid to repeat his success at the upcoming Aintree meeting.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Thanks for helping out A. I was busy working and missed day 2 because someone nicked my bloody IPad charger.
Roulette free since December 2011.
keno

Post by keno »

Nicely summed up. Cheers for toting the scores up each day, much appreciated.

I've now added this Cheltenham competition to the Ascot one I won a few years ago.