Bookies are ********s!

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
paragoon

Bookies are ********s!

Post by paragoon »

Stuck a small acca on the Oscars - 7 categories, £2. They all won. When I went to collect they offered me £2.51. Turns out they don't accept such bets so they were all just singles. Even though they DID accept it and never told me otherwise at the time. Shocking.
bubbles

Post by bubbles »

How much were you expecting?! Sounds pretty disappointing...
Going skint....
Mike25

Post by Mike25 »

Absolutely disgusting behaviour from the bookmakers , however, unfortunately I'm not surprised. It's the way they use their lack of staff training to make more money that I find abhorrent - in this case, taking bets they never intend to honour.
AMK

Post by AMK »

There's a shortage of FOBT receipt papers at Corals. They're having to use single ply toilet tissue now.

There's no Morals at Corals.
... Join The Party!
fatbloke

Post by fatbloke »

coral have been quite generous in some ways lately. well for a day!!!
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Sounds like either the instructions where not clear on the slip, therefore its correct the wager is split equally between selections.

related selections not permitted in a multiple bet.
Roll_With_It_Russ

Post by Roll_With_It_Russ »

Following on... used to know a cashier that would interpret the slips with no instructions to what ever would make them a winner, thats when a customers normal bet would be a loser.

some bookies have the rule that if you have a standard bet type and stake as a coustomer that take preference if not otherwise stated.