Ding ding ding ding ding

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
Mike25

Ding ding ding ding ding

Post by Mike25 »

Have the bookies crossed a line by pulling a game nationally, without warning, while people are involved for hundreds of pounds in their machines?

That's what happened today. They increase the pot size to encourage people to play, but when people win the pots without any force or rip, the powers that be scrap the game nationally during open hours.

I personally feel this is unfair - offering a game to play and then stopping people when they are down without any way of getting their money back. To make matters worse, none of the staff are informed of either the problem, or (in my opinion) the rash decision taken in order to solve the problem. If it was taken off at the end of business then fair enough.

This demonstrates once again how quick the bookies are to react in these circumstances and show that the machines are monitored remotely throughout the day.

If you are clever enough to spot a good value bet on the FOBT, it really is wise to keep it to yourself and to only play one terminal in each shop, and not to concentrate on one specific area. Some people manage to keep things to themselves and manage to set themselves up for life, others it would seem, prefer the five minutes of glory gained by passing the information amongst all their contacts. Perhaps I place too much value on money, after all, money is the main reason I play machines. If it wasn't for the advantage bets available on UK bookies, I would never set foot in these places. It is only when you dig a little deeper when you see how corrupt these companies are, and how the customer really has incredibly little chance of walking off the premises with a profit.
ms1303

Post by ms1303 »

I was £40 into my third one when they pulled the game, suppose i am one of the lucky ones as i no many lost hundreds. Disgusting thing to do, as you say it would be fair enough to do it after closing. Dont understand why they took it off 2 terminals and then the other 2 5 minutes later
Mike25

Post by Mike25 »

The game was removed when the current plays were deemed to be over. So instantly removed if playing a credit at a time, but if you had credits to play off on the auto play, you were able to play these before the terminal reset.
ms1303

Post by ms1303 »

The game was taken off my terminal but the one next to it which nobody was playing remained on feature games for another 5 minutes, i then went down the road to another hills and it was on 2 terminals, while i was talking to the staff it was then removed from them also.
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Had one cost £756....can see why they took it off! Lol
6 million ways to pie....choose 1
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

And you really think no one will play a maxed out reelking? It would be the same if they put in a maxed out pog you would all have a go!
ridye

Post by ridye »

I made 4-5k on them. Others lost a lot. They were a risk but no more so than say Pure Pots.

I did about 15 - Only one terminal at a time but I did all four in a couple of branches simply because I knew they would not last long at all!

My best was £330 in one shop for £2050 out!
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

Won* :)
AMK

Post by AMK »

Yeah they don't like losing money lol.
... Join The Party!
JG

Post by JG »

What stake were you on Riyde?
was this Astra's revenge. Me and OB going on about higher pots equals less chance and then Bam.

Lost about £300 myself.
JG
BFK

Post by BFK »

streakseims wrote:Had one cost £756....can see why they took it off! Lol
Past that £400 limit again Mr Love?? Tut Tut.
BFK

Post by BFK »

Reel kings are like star wars to me. Despite playing off numerous credits probably 6 figures at least I've still not had a pot!!

So I won't be losing any sleep on something I wasn't even aware of!!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

What was this then? Seeing as it's well and truely gone- did anyone video whatever it was? A £2000 payout session on video would be fun!
streakseims

Post by streakseims »

The 1st cost me £260 so 240 up then went to spoons to check a deal and was happy so come back after work to find super skill Steve on it again lol so played another and lost the profit, I had to put £6 in to make up the last set, I got a video of the expensive silver.

All pots started on £500 so you just needed a feature. But you could lose.....

Probably was something better on em coz I can't see why they would pull a game you could lose on?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

Upload a video? I haven't seen a £500 rip since that arcade roulette one...