I wasn't born two days before tomorrow you know

Forum covering Horse Racing, Football and anything else you can do at the Betting Shop!
eddiesdad

Post by eddiesdad »

i work on the fobts in the bookies so i have seen a lot but the the piss stained flea infested eastern europeans and asians take some beating. i do not program the fuckers so dont ask me for advice apart from "dont play".you tell me you have lost your kids dinner money playing i dont care if in a good mood i will give you the gamcare(?) phone number but in the main i am past caring about the shit encrusted losers who bug me.to the rest of you out there who like a punt stop and talk to the guy fixing the terminal because we are actually human and have to earn a living and actually hate to see a guy losing a whole weeks wages in 10 minutes set a limit and walk
Sixbomb

Post by Sixbomb »

Ruler of The World wrote:Bookmakers in some areas, especially in London, are not bookmakers at all, they are community centres! People sit there like its a seond (or even first) home to them and all stick together against the shop managers. Yesterday I was unfortunate enough to be in a Ladbrokes where a giant version of Gary Coleman (the now deceased Arnold from Diff'rent Strokes) was in there looking so miserable that the staff worried for his health and brought him water, which he then spilt on the floor. They wanted him to leave and were trying to be as nice as possible but he wouldn't budge, he even fell asleep at 1 point. I asked him what was wrong, he said he'd lost £100. I see this guy almost every time in a local pub and I've never seen him gamble, nor have I ever seen him in a betting shop so I assume this was very serious to him. I HAD been doing well so I gave him about £20 and told him to get something to eat...which he did... anyway, he came back and thanked me but by that time I'd got smashed to pieces and left. FUCKING CAMELOT CUNT HORSE!
Seen this bloke about as well. Was he dressed all in black and stank to high heaven? He's always skint and asking for money because he's hungry. He must have some sort of disability as he gets free travel. He just stares at the terminals. The bookie managers seem a bit scared of him.
Ruler of The World

Post by Ruler of The World »

Didn't check out his clothes! It isn't just asians and eastern europeans who stink out the bookies, I'll have you know! There's a good few English born and bred scumbags who'll sit around too - and don't deny it! Let's not be racist now! Every country has its scumbags, including England!
Sixbomb

Post by Sixbomb »

Who said one bloke (who happens to be black) stank? I did.

Does that mean all black stink? Of course not, I'm no racist.

Who said Asians and Eastern Europeans stank out the bookies? You did.
Ruler of The World

Yes but it doesn't mean the white folk who hang around in the bookies don't! You're just less likely to see them in the bookies around London.
titchno1

Post by titchno1 »

God, I'm sick of all the racists these days.
Ruler of The World

There's racists and people who refer to race when insulting others. I'm not a racist but I've called various people things that refer to skin colour or appearance related to ethnicity in my time - usually to myself whilst driving or under my breath whilst walking... its just the 1st thing that pops into your mind I guess. I certainly wouldn't dislike someone because of the country they are from though. Its the same as if someone is fat or skinny, you find yourself using the relevant adjective as a first line of attack.